Every home cook needs to have a classic, homemade Creamy Vinaigrette recipe at the ready!
This Creamy Vinaigrette recipe works to dress quick salads or coleslaw. It’s perfect for marinating chicken and fish, sautéing veggies in stir-fries, or even mixing into sour cream for a last-minute spread or dip! But now you can make a sweet, creamy salad dressing with this super easy recipe!
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DIPS & DRESSINGS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Creamy Salad Dressing
We love recipes that do double and even triple duty! This sweet creamy salad dressing has the perfect combination of bright tangy flavors paired with the mild creaminess of mayonnaise. You can even adjust the sweetness! It’s a healthy, low-carb alternative to sugar-laden, processed dressings. You’ll want to keep at least two jars on hand because you’ll discover so many uses for it! Use creamy vinaigrette to dress a Cherry Tomato Salad, or a Cucumber Salad with Feta , stir into some Zucchini Pasta Salad, Mashed Cauliflower, or Sauteed Kale With Garlic & Lemon. Use creamy vinaigrette to marinate Low Carb Chicken Tenders, and Roasted Keto Asparagus.
Ingredients for Dressing
VINEGAR Every salad dressing has an acid like vinegar or lemon juice. Here, we use white wine vinegar because, paired with the Dijon mustard, it delivers a sharp flavor contrast against the mayonnaise and oil.
MAYONNAISE & OIL However, Greek yogurt can be used in place of the mayo for a lower calorie version, and balsamic vinegar can be switched out for the white wine vinegar. As long as the measurements are the same, there’s a lot of room for flavor exploration!
SEASONINGS Add some minced garlic, or freshly chopped parsley or cilantro, depending on how you will use it.
How to make Creamy Vinaigrette
Our creamy salad dressing with mayo is a snap to whip up because, unlike most creamy dressings, it does not need to be emulsified in a blender.
- Simply whisk all the ingredients together.
- Pour into a salad dressing cruet or mason jar & give it a few vigorous shakes.
- Chill until it’s ready to use! It will last in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
- Creamy vinaigrette tends to separate while it’s in the refrigerator. Simply give it a solid shake before using again.
- Add some extra vinegar and salt and pepper to refresh the flavors before using.
- Freeze creamy vinaigrette in ice cube trays and store the cubes in a zippered freezer bag. Pop one out anytime you need a burst of tangy flavor in a stir fry, soup, or hot pasta dish!
Other Easy Dips & Dressings
- Easy Caesar Salad Dressing – everyone’s favorite.
- Dill Veggie Dip – low carb and keto!
- Low Carb Ranch Dressing & Dip – easy to make.
- Avocado Dip – so creamy.
- Warm Bacon Dip – the perfect snack.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon swerve sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.