It’s so easy to live a low carb lifestyle when recipes like this Low Carb Chicken Tenders are on the menu!
This is the best recipe for lemon garlic chicken tenders that are flavorful, super easy to make and also low carb! Make an extra batch for the family or for a crowd—easy chicken tenders are always a hit!
Low Carb Chicken Tenders
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Easy Chicken Tenders
This recipe for lemon garlic chicken tenders makes for a simple side dish, entrée. Or as a topper for a low carb salad or tucked into a cauliflower rice wrap with some healthy veg! Excellent for dipping and dunking, too! Healthy baked chicken tenders are the perfect recipe for kids, too!
Why buy store-bought when you can make tender and juicy chicken tenders at home in just a few minutes? Healthier than fried, this recipe makes the best-fried chicken tenders for dipping,
Lemon Garlic Chicken Tenders
Our recipe has just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and pantry!
CHICKEN TENDERLOIN Chicken tenderloin, or “tenders” are the tender piece of meat attached to the back of chicken breasts. They can be purchased separately, but it’s probably cheaper to just buy chicken breasts and either cut the breast into long “tenders” or just use the tenderloins and save the breast for another meal.
BUTTER Real butter is one of the best things about eating low carb.
SEASONINGS Lemon juice, a handful of seasonings, a bit of salt and pepper, and some parsley as a garnish is all it takes to make these tenders juicy and flavorful.
SWERVE It’s optional, but believe it or not, a little sweetness underneath can make food taste super savory. (It’s a trick takeout places use all the time.)
How To Make Chicken Tenders in the Oven
Just a couple of easy steps is all it takes to make succulent chicken tenders that are a complete low carb hit!
- Combine all the ingredients, add chicken tenders. Mix and coat entirely.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake according to recipe instructions.
How to Cook in an Air Fryer:
- Spray air fryer basket with pan release. Place seasoned chicken tenders in a single layer.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes in an air fryer preheated at 375°F.
- Flip halfway through the cooking process. Serve warm with dipping sauce or your favorite side dish.
What to Serve with Chicken Tenders
No matter if chicken tenders are served as an appetizer or an entrée, they are a tasty treat! Serve them with cold side dishes like coleslaw or cucumber feta salad, or hot side dishes like roasted cauliflower, roasted asparagus, or even bacon creamed cabbage. You can also serve them with just a simple ranch dip that is so satisfying.
Best Way To Reheat Chicken Tenders
- Store cooked chicken tenders in an airtight container and they’ll keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat them in the microwave, toaster oven, or under the broiler for about 3 minutes.
Other Chicken Recipes To Try!
- Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps – fresh and tasty!
- Air Fryer Drumsticks – so crispy!
- Chicken Taco Bites– a perfect snack.
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – easy to make!
- Low Carb Chicken Parmesan – a classic made low carb.
Low Carb Chicken Tenders
- 1 ½ lb chicken tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Swerve granulated sweetener optional
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in bowl and mix well. Add chicken and quickly toss to combine. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 9 minutes.
- Move the pan to the top ⅓ of the oven and broil 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with additional parsley.