Avocado Dip is a healthy appetizer for any gathering. This recipe is extra creamy and extra delicious made with sour cream and avocados!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How to Make Avocado Dip
This easy dip comes together in no time with these 2 simple steps.
- Blend avocado with all ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream to achieve desired consistency.
This quick dip is perfect for last-minute guests, ready in just 15 mins and tastes so delicious!
- This dip can be stretched by adding a can of Rotel or diced fresh Roma tomatoes.
- For a little heat, a pinch of cayenne or dash of hot sauce will do the trick.
- If your avocados are firm-ripe try dicing finely instead of mashing or blending. That will provide a little more texture.
- You can also make a fresh green goddess dressing for drizzling on salad greens by adding heavy cream to thin it out!
What to Serve With It
Can You Make Avocado Dip in Advance?
Avocados brown quickly through oxidation even after the addition of acidic lime juice. But you can still make it up to a day in advance!
- Press a piece of cling wrap across the surface and up the inside of the bowl to slow exposure to air.
- Cover it tightly and store it in the fridge.
The thin brown layer on the surface can be scraped away and your guacamole will look and taste good as new!
Can You Freeze It?
Believe it or not, yes! You can freeze avocado dip and it will remain green and unbrowned.
For best results, scoop into zippered freezer bags and squeeze out all the air. It will keep for up to four months. Leave it in the bag while it thaws at either room temperature or in the fridge.
Perfectly Dippable Dips
- Dill Dip – ready in just 5 mins
- Low Carb Crab Dip – great as a dip or a spread!
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip – a crowd favorite
- Keto Cheese Sauce – easy, cheesy & delicious!
- 1 avocado ripe
- 1/2 of a lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- seasoning salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of sour cream to get the desired consistency.
Adapted from Spend With Pennies Avocado Dip