These keto salad recipes are light, refreshing, healthy, yet filling and delicious!
Salads can be so much fun and so delicious, while still being part of a low carb lifestyle. We love taco salad and cheeseburger salad as nice comforting meals with the family!
They also work great for meal prep. All you need is some leftover meat like steak or roasted chicken breasts, and some veggies. Just remember to bring the dressing on the side to keep the salad fresh!
Keto Salad Ideas
For meal prep, we love to change it up a bit. Layout some containers, and add different ingredients into each one to create some fun salads. Some of our favorite keto salad additions are:
- Lettuce: spinach, arugula, mixed greens, romaine, iceberg
- Vegetables: mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, carrots, celery
- Protein: steak bites, chicken, cajun shrimp, salmon, bacon
- Cheese: feta, cheddar, parmesan, blue cheese
- Other: olives, pecans, cashews, sunflower seeds, hard-boiled eggs
Keto Salad Dressing
Salad dressing is often full of additives like sugar, causing it to be high in carbs.
So instead, we make homemade salad dressings that are keto. Everything from lemon vinaigrette to caesar dressing works as a keto option, just omit any sugar or sweeteners.
These yummy keto salad recipes are sure to satisfy any appetite!