This Salmon Air Fryer Recipe produces a moist, tender, flaky fillet with a crispy outer skin that just melts in your mouth!
Preparing salmon in the air fryer is an easy way to cook salmon for a delicious low carb entrée. And it's perfect served for any occasion or any time of year. Try it with homemade zoodles or roasted green beans for a delicious and satisfying low carb meal!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Salmon Air Fryer Recipe
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Easy Air Fryer Salmon
The air fryer just makes everything so easy, and cooking salmon is no different! Simply preheat the air fryer, place the seasoned salmon in the fryer basket and cook! What a great way to prepare salmon before a get-together or for meal prep for the upcoming week!
And using an air fryer to cook salmon is the best way to get consistent results every time. No matter if it is fresh or frozen, salmon is cooked to perfection in the air fryer, making this a no-fail recipe!
How to Cook Salmon In An Air Fryer
It only takes 2 steps for perfectly prepared salmon!
- Preheat air fryer and prepare salmon (per recipe below).
- Heat until the salmon is cooked through and the skin is crispy.
Ingredients & Variations
SALMON - This recipe uses fresh salmon fillets, but frozen will taste great too! Thaw them before placing in the Air Fryer, or cook from frozen by adjusting the cooking time by a couple of minutes.
SEASONINGS - This recipe uses just a touch of maple syrup, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and a dash of lemon juice at the end!
VARIATIONS - Salmon has such a mellow flavor and it goes with all kinds of rubs, seasonings, sauces, and glazes. But why not brush on a glaze of hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, or even a simple cajun seasoning rub. Or, try placing orange or lemon slices beneath the salmon for a citrus flavor infusion!
Tips for Perfectly Tender Salmon
- Choose pieces of salmon that are clean, brightly colored, and free of soft spots or discolorations in the filet or skin.
- Pat the salmon dry before adding the oil and seasonings. Press the seasonings into the salmon so it sticks before it is placed in the fryer basket.
- Do not overcook the salmon— follow the instructions on the air fryer but if you have one, use a meat thermometer to test the internal temperature. Place the thermometer in the thickest part of the salmon and remove when the internal temp is 145° F.
Other Air Fryer Recipes To Try!
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts - the perfect entree!
- Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer - an easy side dish.
- Air Fryer Kale Chips - when you get the munchies!
Salmon Air Fryer Recipe
- 2 salmon filets about 6 oz each
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon plus extra for serving
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Brush salmon with maple syrup and drizzle with olive oil. Season with garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Place lemon slices in the air fryer and place salmon on top. Cook 6-9 minutes* or just until cooked through.
- Do not overcook.