This Air Fryer Salmon Recipe produces a moist, tender, flaky fillet with a crispy outer skin that just melts in your mouth!
Preparing salmon in the air fryer is an easy way to cook salmon for a delicious low carb entrée and it’s perfect for any occasion or any time of year. Try it served over salads or with homemade zoodles for a delicious and satisfying low carb meal!
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Easy Air Fryer Salmon
- This recipe goes from fridge to table in less than 15 minutes!
- Loaded with healthy fats, proteins, and Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is a superfood!
- Fresh or frozen salmon can be used.
- Salmon is a versatile main that is great with a side of broccoli, roasted asparagus, or any other veggies of your choice!
Ingredients & Variations
SALMON – This recipe uses fresh salmon fillets, but frozen will taste great too! Thaw them before placing in the Air Fryer, or cook from frozen by adjusting the cooking time by a couple of minutes.
SEASONINGS – This recipe uses just a touch of maple syrup, oil, garlic powder, salt and black pepper, and a dash of lemon juice at the end!
VARIATIONS – Salmon has such a mellow flavor and it goes with all kinds of rubs, seasonings, sauces, and glazes. Brush on a glaze of hoisin sauce or teriyaki sauce. Or spice it up by adding a sprinkle of cajun seasoning or homemade blackening seasoning with hints of paprika, brown sugar, and garlic.
How to Air Fry Salmon
It only takes 2 steps for perfectly prepared salmon!
- Preheat air fryer and prepare salmon (per recipe below).
- Air fry until the salmon is cooked through and the skin is crispy.
Tips for Perfectly Tender Salmon
- Choose pieces of salmon that are clean, brightly colored, and free of soft spots or discolorations in the filet or skin.
- Pat the salmon dry before adding the oil and mixture of seasonings. Press the seasonings into the salmon so it sticks before it is placed in the fryer basket.
- Do not overcook the salmon— use a meat thermometer to test the internal temperature. Place the thermometer in the thickest part of the salmon and remove when the internal temp is 145° F and salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Other Air Fryer Recipes To Try!
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts – the perfect entree!
- Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer – an easy side dish.
- Air Fryer Kale Chips – when you get the munchies!
- Air Fryer Brats With Peppers And Onions – a hearty meal
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- 2 salmon filets about 6 oz each
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon plus extra for serving
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Brush salmon with maple syrup and drizzle with olive oil. Season with garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Place lemon slices in the air fryer and place salmon on top. Cook 6-9 minutes* or just until cooked through.
- Do not overcook.
- Salmon can vary in thickness which will affect cook time.
- Thinner salmon filets may only need 6-7 minutes.
- Thicker filets may need 9-11 minutes.
- Check salmon early and allow for more time if needed.
- *Use low carb maple syrup if desired.
- Regular maples syrup was used to calculate nutrition information.