Sauteed kale is a quick and easy side!
It’s a savory and nutritious side dish that’s lightly cooked in garlic and lemon and full of rich, earthy flavor!
Lemony sauteed kale is delicious with fish, or even processed into pesto!
All Hail Kale!
- This low carb and keto sauteed kale recipe produces a tender crisp veggie side that goes with everything!
- Just like spinach, nutritious kale is economical, easy to find, and loaded with B vitamins, fiber, and protein.
- Sauteed kale is great on its own as a savory side dish but also adds great flavor to soups, stir-fries, and casseroles.
Ingredients and Variations
Kale – Look for moist, crisp, unwilted kale to use in this recipe. Any variety will work just fine! Prepare kale by washing, drying, and pulling the leaves away from the tough stalks.
Variations – Add some sliced onions or mushrooms, diced or sundried tomatoes, or bacon bits. Top kale with parmesan or crumbled feta cheese for an extra touch of tangy flavor!
How to Saute Kale
- Chop or tear kale into 2” pieces.
- Cook chopped kale in oil and chicken broth until tender.
- Push kale to the side of the pan and saute garlic in butter until fragrant.
- Stir garlic and kale together and drizzle with lemon juice and salt.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes and serve warm.
Best Ways to Serve Sauteed Kale
Tips and Tricks
- Keep leftover sauteed kale in a covered container in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Reheat it in the microwave and squeeze a little lemon juice and salt on it before serving.
- Freeze leftover kale in zippered bags for up to a month and thaw it in a saute pan on medium heat.
- Transform leftover kale into a simple pesto, or add to a hearty Zuppa Toscana soup.
Other Easy Vegetable Sides
Did you enjoy this Sauteed Kale with Garlic & Lemon recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Sauteed Kale With Garlic & Lemon
- 1 bunch kale washed, dried, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Preheat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Coarsely chop kale.
- Add kale and chicken broth to hot skillet. Cook 7-8 minutes or until tender.
- Push kale to the side of the pan and add butter and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Stir garlic and kale together, drizzle with lemon juice and salt. Cook 1-2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve warm.
- Leftover sauteed kale can be stored up to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.