There are so many types of dips out there, but this Easy Spinach Dip is so good and goes great with vegetables, or any low carb dippers!
This creamy spinach dip is made with a velvety base of sour cream and mayonnaise. Add in healthy spinach, crunchy water chestnuts, celery and vegetable soup mix for a delicious cold dip that has a creamy and complex flavor.
Easy Spinach Dip
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DIPS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Creamy Spinach Dip
- This homemade dip recipe is so easy to put together. Mix it, chill it, and then serve it. When company is coming for dinner, it will be ready in no time.
- Chopped water chestnuts give this dip extra crunch and texture.
- This dip is the best with hot bread, however, to keep it low carb serve it with a plate of cut vegetables, like celery, carrots, and cauliflower.
Spinach Dip Ingredients
SPINACH: Use frozen spinach with this recipe. Fresh spinach will also work, however it will need to be washed, cooked (remember to remove any moisture), and chopped.
CHESTNUTS: Water chestnuts are usually sold in a small can at the local supermarket. Drain the water chestnuts well and chop before adding to the mix.
SOUP MIX: Any vegetable soup mix will do for this recipe. However, Knorr vegetable soup mix is highly recommended.
VARIATIONS: Substitute mayonnaise with low-fat dressing, and sub Greek yogurt for the sour cream. Add some variety and top the dip with bacon bits or a sprinkle of cheese.
How Do You Make Spinach Dip
Squeeze, chop and mix for a great dip!
- Thaw frozen spinach. Squeeze dry.
- Mix all ingredients together. (As per recipe below)
- Chill and serve cold.
What To Eat With Spinach Dip
This creamy spinach dip is typically served in a bowl made of bread, and the bread is torn off and dipped into the dip. It would also go great with pita chips, corn chips or kale chips. To keep it low carb serve it with an impressive plate of crudités like celery, carrots, and cucumbers.
Use leftover dip as a filling for stuffed mushrooms or even stuffed chicken breast.
How Long Does Spinach Dip Last
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Unfortunately because of the mayonnaise and sour cream, this dip does not freeze well. Or more accurately, does not thaw well. It can become watery and the milk proteins tend to separate when thawed.
To try to recover a frozen creamy dip, warm it on the stovetop. Add a bit of heavy cream and stir it well, which should bring back that lovely, creamy consistency. And Voila- a new warm dip to enjoy!
Best Tips For Dips!
Prepare the dip ahead of time to allow the flavors to blend together.
Serve the dip in a bowl that fits inside a slightly larger bowl with ice on the bottom. This will keep the dip cool and fresh all night!
Use full fat sour cream and mayonnaise for a rich, tasty and extra creamy dip!
Other Low Carb Dip Recipes!
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip – spicy and delicious!
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip – a classic warm dip.
- Dill Veggie Dip (Keto/Low Carb) – perfect as a dip or dressing.
- Avocado Dip – so creamy!
Easy Spinach Dip
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (1 package) thawed
- 4 ounces canned water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 4 ounces celery diced, optional
- 2 cups sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise or dressing (low fat or regular)
- 1 package dry vegetable soup mix (1.4 ounces)
- 3 green onions chopped
- Squeeze all moisture from thawed spinach.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Easy Spinach Dip recipe!