Keto Egg Muffins are one of my all-time favorite on-the-go breakfast options, especially when I add bacon! Fresh eggs, green onions, cream, cheese, and bacon are all baked into a muffin tin to give you the perfect portable healthy breakfast (or lunch) option!
When I don’t have time to enjoy a Denver Omelet or a slice of Spinach Cheese Egg Bake at home, I love to grab one of these portable breakfasts out of the freezer! It makes it easy to eat keto, even on busy mornings.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Bacon Egg Muffins
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!
My Favorite Additions
Sticking to a keto diet can be tough when you are so busy but these keto egg muffin cups are the perfect answer to that! Make them in advance for the week ahead and just microwave them on your way out the door! Keep it interesting by customizing them with all sorts of ingredients!
- Veggies: spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, or jalapeños for a spicy kick!
- Cheese: Try adding or replacing the cheese with feta cheese or mozzarella
- Meat: diced ham or crumbled sausage would be delicious too!
The additions of heavy cream and dried mustard powder really add a rich flavor to these keto bacon egg muffins that you won’t find in another egg muffin cup! Even my daughter and husband love grabbing themselves one of these on the way out the door for work and school. Score one for Mom!
How To Make Egg Muffins
Keto breakfast egg muffins with bacon are surprisingly simple to throw together at the start of the week. Whether you are making them for a weekend brunch or the week ahead, you don’t have your work cut out for you!
- Combine eggs, heavy cream, dry mustard powder, and pepper (see recipe below). The cream will help fluff up the eggs, creating a fluffier keto egg muffin that isn’t as dense.
- Grease muffin tin very well with cooking spray or olive oil. You don’t want your bacon egg muffins to stick!
- Divide the bacon, cheese, and green onions throughout the cups and pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake keto egg muffins until eggs are set. They’ll puff up nice and big and will sink down a bit once they cool.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Can You Freeze Egg Muffins?
Short answer, you sure can! I love making this keto egg muffin recipe in advance and freezing them for up to a month.
- To freeze allow your bacon egg muffins to cool completely. Place them in a freezer bag and label it before freezing.
- To reheat keto egg muffins, place them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds from fresh or 1-1 ½ minutes from frozen.
When you reheat low carb egg muffins, you will need a little bit longer than if they are fresh.
Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche (Keto) – savory perfection!
- Denver Omelet – ready in 25 mins
- Spinach Cheese Egg Bake – versatile & budget friendly!
- Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs – just 2 ingredients
Bacon Egg Muffins (Keto)
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or fresh herbs
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3.5 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 green onions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine eggs, cream, dry mustard, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
- Grease a muffin tin very well.
- Divide cheese, bacon, and onions over the wells and sprinkle with parsley. Pour eggs overtop.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until set.