Now is the time to harvest those juicy, cherry tomatoes that are bursting off the vine! Even if they come from the store or the farmers market, late summer is the perfect time to make this sweet, colorful, and tasty Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe
Pin it to your SALADS Board for later!
This marinated tomato salad is light, fresh and accented with the savory flavors of garlic, basil, and oregano. Red wine and balsamic vinegars are mixed with olive oil, then tossed with the tomatoes and a little bit of salt and pepper. This refreshing salad is a quick and easy side for a picnic, a potluck or even a cozy meal at home.
How To Cut Tomatoes For Salad
Rinse all tomatoes and pat them dry with a towel. Remove green tops.
- For cherry or grape tomatoes, slice them in half vertically. Pro Tip! A quick way to slice many cherry tomatoes at once is to place them on a plate, then turn over a second plate and place on top of the cherry tomatoes. Hold the top plate down firmly and use a sharp knife to slice the cherry tomatoes between the two plates.
- If you are using regular tomatoes like Romas or Beefsteaks, dice them into even pieces for this recipe.
How To Make Tomato Salad
Cherry tomatoes come in a variety of colors like red, orange, yellow and even black! When you make this marinated tomato salad, choose your favorite color or mix them for a beautiful presentation.
- Prepare the tomatoes and place in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Toss the salad gently and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Adjust the flavors with salt and pepper before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Storing Tomato Salad
Keep marinated tomato salad in a container with a tight fitting lid. It should last about 3 days in the refrigerator. Since tomatoes are naturally juicy, they won’t stay as firm in the marinade for very long. Before serving tomato salad again, drain off some of the marinade and refresh the flavors with salt and pepper.
Other Low Carb Salads!
- Cucumber Feta Salad – light and easy!
- Cauliflower Potato Salad – a twist on a classic.
- Buffalo Chicken Salad – spicy!
- Radish Salad (Mock Potato Salad) – different and delicious!
- Low Carb (keto) Caesar Salad – a family favorite.
Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes, about 2 cups
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh basil and parsley for garnish optional
- If using cherry tomatoes, cut tomatoes in half. If using other tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Gently toss all ingredients in a bowl.
- Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes before serving.