Cherry Tomato Salad is a quick and easy side for a picnic or a potluck using those garden-fresh tomatoes!
This marinated tomato salad is light, fresh and accented with the savory flavors of garlic, basil, and oregano. Red wine and balsamic vinegars are mixed with olive oil, then tossed with the tomatoes and a little bit of salt and pepper.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe
Pin it to your SALADS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Simple Cherry Tomato Salad
- Fresh garden ingredients like cherry tomatoes and basil come together in this delicious salad.
- The dressing only uses a handful of ingredients you likely already have on hand.
- Only takes 10 minutes to put together!
This cherry tomato salad makes the perfect side for a ham and cheese quiche, BLT egg salad wrap, or your favorite BBQ’d protein.
Ingredients & Variations
Tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes come in a variety of colors like red, orange, yellow and even black! Choose your favorite color or mix them for a beautiful presentation. No cherry tomatoes on hand? Any tomato can be substituted such as grape tomatoes, roma tomatoes, or beefsteaks.
Dressing: Garlic, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and seasonings form a light but delicious dressing for this salad.
Variations: Instead of white onions, add finely diced red onions. Fresh basil is sprinkled on top, but any fresh herbs such as fresh oregano, fresh parsley, chives, mint, or dill can be added. To make this salad a little heartier, add either feta cheese or mozzarella balls!
How To Make Cherry Tomato Salad
- Prepare the tomatoes and place in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir the salad gently and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Adjust the flavors with salt and pepper before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Pro Tip! A quick way to slice many cherry tomatoes at once is to place them on a plate, then turn over a second plate and place on top of the cherry tomatoes. Hold the top plate down firmly and use a sharp knife to slice the cherry tomatoes between the two plates.
Storing Tomato Salad
Keep marinated tomato salad in a container with a tight fitting lid. It should last about 3 days in the refrigerator. Since tomatoes are naturally juicy, they won’t stay as firm in the marinade for very long. Before serving tomato salad again, drain off some of the marinade and refresh the flavors with kosher salt and black pepper.
Other Low Carb Salads!
- Cucumber Feta Salad – light and easy!
- Cauliflower Potato Salad – a twist on a classic.
- Buffalo Chicken Salad – spicy!
- Radish Salad (Mock Potato Salad) – different and delicious!
- Low Carb (keto) Caesar Salad – a family favorite.
Cherry Tomato Salad
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes, about 2 cups
- 2 Tablespoons onion finely diced, optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh basil for garnish optional
- If using cherry tomatoes, cut tomatoes in half. If using other tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Gently toss all ingredients in a bowl.
- Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate marinated tomato salad in a container with a tight fitting lid for about 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Stir again before serving. If there is a lot of juice, drain some off and refresh the flavors with a bit of kosher salt and black pepper.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this fresh Tomato Salad recipe!