This citrusy avocado lime dressing will be your new dip, dressing, and go-to sauce all summer long!
Avocado is blended into a creamy dressing with fresh cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and a dash of olive oil.
This zesty dressing is healthy and packed with a citrusy flavor.
Easy Avocado Lime Dressing
- This easy keto dressing recipe is loaded with nutrition with healthy fats and is lower in calories than most creamy bottled dressings.
- Multi-purpose, this dressing is excellent on a crispy low-carb green salad, but can also be stirred into a cold quinoa salad or into zoodles with some chopped tomatoes (and corn if a few extra carbs don’t worry you).
- Use it as a dip for chicken taco bites or as a sauce over air fryer salmon. Scoop some into a low-carb wrap for a delicious and protein-packed workday lunch!
Ingredients and Variations
Avocados – Choose avocados that are free of blemishes and just a little bit soft when you squeeze them. Once avocadoes are ripe they can be stored in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for longer.
Cilantro – Not everyone enjoys the flavor of cilantro, so feel free to switch out for basil, but this will change the flavor profile, giving it a zesty pesto vibe!
Lime Juice – Switch out for lemon juice if lime juice isn’t available, but you may want to add a little bit of keto honey if the dressing is too tart.
How to Make Avocado Lime Dressing
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until creamy.
- Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
Storing Avocado Lime Dressing
Keep leftover dressing in a cruet or jar with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator. Due to the addition of fresh garlic, the potential for botulism to form in the dressing dictates that it should be used within 3 days. Or you can simply use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic.
Low Carb Avocado Recipes
Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until creamy, scraping the sides as needed. Taste, and add additional salt if desired.
- For a thinner dressing, add additional water while blending.
- Dressings incorporating fresh garlic must be used within 3 days to avoid the risk of contamination.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.