Zucchini Pizza Bites are one of our favorite snacks! These delicious pizza bites top sliced zucchini with our favorite toppings and plenty of cheese for the perfect low carb pizza fix!
What’s the best way to feed a hungry crowd something quick and tasty? Appetizers! From jalapeno poppers to buffalo chicken dip and these zucchini pizza bites, low carb appetizers aren't a thing of the past anymore.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
A Versatile Veggie
Zucchini snacks have come a long way since just dipping in Dill Dip. Mini zucchini pizzas are just as much fun to make as they are to eat! It can be noodled, zoodled, grated or lasagna'd but my favorite is to turn them into zucchini pizza bites!
Zucchini is a summer squash grows in abundance and it is so versatile, healthy and flavorful! Not only is zucchini crazy easy to grow, but it’s also easy to preserve or freeze to enjoy year-round. With zero fat and lots of fiber, it's also loaded with significant amounts of vitamins B6, riboflavin, folate, C, and K, and minerals.
How To Make Zucchini Pizza Bites
This zucchini pizza recipe is a hit with everyone in the family and is a snap to put together. Whether it’s a sleepover or the big game, make these zucchini pizza slices any time!
- TOMATO SAUCE: Store-bought low carb pizza sauce or a tomato sauce makes this extra quick. Leftover meat sauce is another great option!
- TOPPINGS: Possibilities for zucchini bite pizza slice toppings are endless. We love pepperoni, crumbled bacon, or sausage. Top with your favorite low carb veggies.
- CHEESE: Mozzarella is the standard go-to when it comes to pizza because of its creamy, mild flavor and its ability to hold everything together. Zucchini bites can be made with any cheese!
Just add just a few flourishes of basil or red pepper flakes, or a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese and any crowd will come back for more!
How Long To Cook Zucchini Pizza Bites
Zucchini cooks up FAST, making it these zucchini pizza bites the perfect quick snack or appetizer. It only takes about 5 minutes in the oven to cook the zucchini!
I always turn the oven to broil for an additional 5 minutes or so. This helps the cheese become golden, ooey gooey, and bubbly. YUM!
To Make Ahead
Zucchini pizzas can be made ahead and placed in the fridge until your guests arrive. When they arrive, simply pop the pan in the oven and enjoy! But don’t forget, this zucchini pizza bites recipe is so versatile, it can also be dressed up for a more upscale presentation!
More Zucchini Favorites
- Low Carb Zucchini Fries
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Keto/Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Soup (Zoodle)
- Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups
- Easy Homemade Zoodles
Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 2 large zucchini
- ½ cup low carb pizza or tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- pizza toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking pan with foil and set aside.
- Slice Zucchini ¼" thick and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Top zucchini slices with pizza sauce, oregano, cheese and your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake 5 min or until zucchini is tender. Broil 5 min or until cheese is bubbly and melted.