Pumpkin butter is the perfect low-carb and sugar-free spread!
Sweet and savory, this recipe is easy to make and adds a seasonal flair to all kinds of recipes.
This tasty spread goes with everything!
Easy Pumpkin Butter
- Low-carb and loaded with vitamin A, antioxidants, and tons of fiber, pumpkin butter adds guilt-free, Fall-infused flavor to post-workout smoothies and keto coffee.
- Double the batch and gift homemade pumpkin butter in small jars to friends and neighbors with a batch of light and fluffy cloud bread.
- Kids who normally don’t like pumpkin will love nutritious pumpkin butter’s light and smooth flavor and you’ll love that it’s sugar-free!
Sweet & Savory Ingredients
Pumpkin – Look for puree instead of pie filling, which has added sugar and seasonings. Use leftover pumpkin puree from pies or make your own from fresh pumpkin.
Sweetener – This recipe is sugar-free, but you could add white or brown sugar instead of the sweetener. Refer to the package label for the sweetener you are using. Low-carb and sugar-free maple syrup are also excellent switches that add even more depth of flavor!
Seasonings – Apple cider vinegar provides balance to the sweetener and shouldn’t be omitted. Buy pumpkin pie spice or make your own and adjust the individual ingredients to your liking.
Variations – Add finely chopped toasted pecans, walnuts, or coconut to pumpkin butter for a little crunch.
How to Make Pumpkin Butter
- Whisk all ingredients into a saucepan (as per the recipe below).
- Simmer until thickened, about 25-30 minutes.
Best Ways to Use Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin butter is a very versatile recipe that adds nutrition and buttery, nutty flavor to all kinds of recipes!
- Add a little cream and chicken broth to thin out pumpkin butter and add to a seasonal pasta dish.
- Top pumpkin butter onto chaffles, or add a scoop to a chicken or beef stir fry, adding a depth of flavor.
- We also love it in a rich and creamy keto Alfredo for a seasonal pumpkin sauce to serve over zoodles.
How to Store
For best results, keep pumpkin butter in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Freeze in ice cube trays or zippered bags for up to a year.
Have you tried this Pumpkin Butter recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
- 28 ounces pumpkin puree canned or fresh
- ¾ cup low carb brown sugar replacement such as Swerve
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- In a medium saucepan stir together the pumpkin puree, sweetener, water, apple cider vinegar, pumpkin pie spice, and ground ginger over medium-low heat.
- Simmer for 30-35 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Cool and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe adapted from Easy Pumpkin Butter