Start your low carb journey off the right way with this Low Carb Hamburger Soup recipe!
Loaded with our fave low carb vegetables and ground hamburger, this easy, homemade soup is so rich and savory, you’ll never miss the carbs! Meat and veggies are cooked in a rich, beef and tomato-based broth with garlic and Italian seasoning.
Low Carb Hamburger Soup
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SOUPS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Hamburger Soup Recipe
Of all our low carb soup recipes, this is definitely one of the best! We love how easy it is to prepare, it’s only two steps! Cook it one day and serve it for dinners and lunches all week long! Delicious served with cucumber salad with feta or an easy tomato salad!
Ingredients and Variations
MEAT – Ground beef is super tasty in soup! No hamburger? Use leftover meat like chicken or turkey, which are both equally low carb. Toss in some bacon bits for some extra flavor!
VEGGIES – This recipe has a colorful assortment of vegetables but cauliflower and cauliflower rice really make it hearty and filling. However, broccoli, spinach, zucchini, bell peppers, even mushrooms make a great addition to hamburger soup.
BROTH – A combination of beef broth and diced tomatoes with onion and garlic makes for a rich and savory soup base.
SEASONING – Italian seasoning gives this soup its signature Italian style flavor. Garnish with shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese!
How To Make Hamburger Soup
1-2 and done is all it takes to make this healthy soup! Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream, salsa, or the cheese of your choice and it still stays keto!
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic until no pink remains. Bloom the spices by adding them to this mixture. Drain off any fat.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and bring soup to a boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- If you’re short on time, toss in a bag of frozen “vegetable medley” into the soup pot. They are already cut and ready to use and most medleys have low carb versions, including green beans, cauliflower, carrots, and peas.
- If cauliflower rice can’t be found, simply cut a whole cauliflower into quarters and run each piece through a food processor over a box grater until small rice-sized pieces are created. Easy peasy!
Other Easy Low Carb Creations!
- Low Carb Beef Soup with Radishes – delicious and different.
- Keto Friendly Chili – everyone’s favorite.
- Keto/Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Soup– using spiral zucchini!
- Shrimp & Zucchini – dinner in less than 30 minutes!
- Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice – simple one pan meal.
Low Carb Hamburger Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- ½ cup carrot sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes with juices
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and let cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.