Cucumber Feta Salad is an easy cooling salad, great as a side dish or a light lunch! Crunchy cucumber ribbons are tossed in a simple olive oil & dill dressing and topped with crumbled feta cheese to create this easy recipe!
This cucumber feta salad is bright, tangy and elegant, and anything with feta is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Put that bounty of cucumbers to good use and serve this delicious side dish with to roast chicken or pork tenderloin at your next gathering or holiday meal!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Cucumber Feta Salad
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How to Make Cucumber Salad with Feta
This healthy cucumber salad is made with cucumber ribbons that are super easy to make, too! Use a vegetable peeler to slice the cucumber in even strips from one end to the other. Stop peeling ribbons when you reach the seed in the center of the cucumber.
Cucumber feta salad has two parts – the salad base and the dressing. Once you have cucumber ribbons made this salad is easy to assemble and enjoy!
- Prep: Combine the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Assemble: Toss cucumber ribbons gently with the dressing and sprinkle feta cheese on the top.
Let salad marinate about 15 minutes before serving.
Tips for Keeping Cucumber Salad Fresh
You may be wondering, can this be made ahead of time, and if I do will it stay fresh? The answer is definitely using these few tips!
- Keep the cucumber ribbons and the feta separate until it’s ready to serve because the salt content in the feta cheese will make the cucumber ribbons too soft and watery.
- The dressing should be kept separately as well and then everything is put together right before serving.
- You can also drain the cucumbers in a colander or gently pat the ribbons with paper towels to absorb some of the extra moisture.
These tips will keep your salad from getting mushy while storing it.
These Dishes Go Great with Cucumber Feta Salad
So Many Tasty Salads
- Easy Homemade Zoodles – try making this delicious pasta alternative!
- Cauliflower & Potato Salad – simple 5 ingredient dressing
- BLT Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps – Keto/Low Carb and perfect for lunch!
- Low Carb (keto) Caesar Salad – ready in 10 mins!
- Cheeseburger Salad – perfect as a main dish
Cucumber Feta Salad
- 2 english cucumbers
- 1/3 cup feta cheese finely crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and run a vegetable peeler down the length of a cucumber, creating long strips. Stop when you reach the seeds.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and gently toss with the cucumber ribbons.
- Top with feta cheese and allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving.