Cucumber Feta Salad is a cool and easy summer inspired salad that is perfect as a side dish or even a light lunch!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Cucumber Feta Salad
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What is Cucumber Feta Salad?
Cucumber feta salad is a fresh, delicious and crisp salad that has three parts.
- Cucumber ribbons: a vegetable peeler vegetable peeler is the only tool needed to make cucumber ribbons. Simply slice the cucumber lengthwise in even strips straight into a bowl.
- Dressing: just a simple olive oil, lemon juice and dill dressing makes this recipe so good!
- Cheese: Feta cheese provides just the right amount of bite to this salad.
How to Make Cucumber Feta Salad
This fresh summer salad could not be easier to make!
- Prepare cucumber ribbons and arrange in a bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Assemble the ribbons and dressing for about 15 minutes. Add the feta just before serving.
Tips To Keep Cucumber Salad Fresh
When slicing cucumber ribbons, stop once you reach the seeds. This is where a lot of extra moisture is stored.
Drain the cucumber ribbons in a colander or gently pat them with paper towels to absorb some of the extra moisture.
Keep all ingredients separate until just before serving. The cucumber ribbons and dressing can be combined about 15 minutes ahead of time.
Feta cheese should only be added right before serving. The high salt content in the feta cheese will make the cucumber ribbons become soft and watery.
Get inspired with this summer’s seasonal vegetables. Add tomato to create a hearty cucumber tomato feta salad. Or go for a greek theme and substitute fresh oregano for the dill, add ripe olives, tomatoes and red onion to create the perfect greek salad. The possibilities are endless!
Tasty Salads To Try
- Cauliflower & Potato Salad – simple 5 ingredient dressing
- BLT Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps – Keto/Low Carb and perfect for lunch!
- Low Carb (keto) Caesar Salad – ready in 10 mins!
- Cheeseburger Salad – perfect as a main dish
- Easy Homemade Zoodles – try making this delicious pasta alternative!
Cucumber Feta Salad
- 2 english cucumbers
- ⅓ cup feta cheese finely crumbled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.