When time is short but you need a healthy, tasty dinner on the table Easy Beef Stir Fry is the way to go!
Just a few ingredients like ground beef and vegetables, and this easy recipe is ready to go! Delicious served over a bowl of zoodles or round out a meal with some cauliflower fried rice or egg roll in a bowl!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Easy Beef Stir Fry
Pin it to your DINNER Board!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
This Asian beef stir fry recipe will become a family favorite for years to come. It’s so easy to prepare and takes mere minutes to create! Any home cook can prepare this asian inspired recipe in no time at all, plus it’s low-carb! Why look anywhere else?
What Goes In Stir Fry?
PROTEIN: Stir fry can use any type of meat like beef, chicken or pork. For a meatless version, try tofu or just simply leave out the protein altogether. In this version, ground beef is the meat of choice.
VEGGIES: The sky’s the limit when it comes to adding veggies to a stir fry. Common veggies like carrots, celery and onions are often found in stir fry dishes. In this stir fry beef recipe we add bean sprouts and water chestnuts too.
SAUCE: Every great stir fry has a basic stir fry sauce. The sauce in this asian beef stir fry is super simple to make, yet so incredibly flavorful!
How To Cook Stir Fry Beef?
Cooking up a piping hot stir fry dinner has never been simpler!
- Make the sauce and set aside.
- Cook the beef and remove from pan.
- Saute veggies, then add peppers, water chestnuts, beef and sauce back to the pan with veggies.
- Simmer until thickened and serve.
- Feel free to add red pepper flakes for a spicy version!
- Amp up the veggies to make a vegetarian entrée without the meat! We like to add broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, sliced mushrooms and extra onion!
- Try thickening the stir fry sauce with almond, coconut, or chickpea flour to lower the carb profile even more on this meal!
Other Low Carb Beef Recipes To Try!
- Low Carb Beef Soup with Radishes – delicious and different!
- Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps – an easy entree.
- Zoodle Spaghetti and Meatballs – a twist on a classic.
- Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole – easier than cabbage rolls!
Easy Beef Stir Fry
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion sliced
- ½ cup celery sliced
- ½ cup carrot sliced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts drained
- ⅓ cup beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook beef in a large skillet until no pink remains. Drain any fat and place beef in a small bowl to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook 3-4 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Add peppers and cook 2-3 minutes more. Add beef, water chestnuts, and sauce back into the pan. Stir to combine.
- Allow sauce to come to a simmer and thicken. Serve over rice.