Enjoy the bounty of summer or head into fall with this delicious oven Roasted Asparagus recipe! Now is the time to grab some asparagus from your local farmer’s market or neighborhood store and whip up this incredible recipe!
Crisp, sweet and super easy to make, roasting asparagus is one of the best ways to enjoy its mild flavor! And it’s so versatile, it can be paired with a variety of with main courses such as Baked Bone In Chicken Breast or Low Carb Pork Tenderloin. And you can add nearly any sauce or seasoning for endless dinner possibilities!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How to Make Roasted Asparagus
I don’t think there is an easier side dish to make than Roasted Asparagus! It is fabulous when time is short and your family is hungry! In 4 quick and easy steps, your delicious side dish will be on the table.
- Wash and trim asparagus
- Toss with oil
- Sprinkle with seasoning
- Bake – it only takes about 10 minutes for perfectly cooked asparagus!
Tips For Trimming Asparagus
The last inch or inch and a half of asparagus spears can be tough and woody, so snap these ends off and discard. If you can’t snap them off with your fingers, then trim off that end with a paring knife.
If the spears are still a little woody or extra thick at the bottom, use a vegetable peeler and gently remove some of the outside skin until it’s the same width.
How Long To Roast Asparagus
Try to buy asparagus that is consistent in length and width to ensure even cooking. Depending on the size of the spears, you can roast shorter, thinner stalks at higher temperatures like in the recipe below. They will cook fast, so keep an eye on them! Larger spears require longer roast times at lower temps like 375˚F to 400˚F.
What Do They Go With?
Reheating Roasted Asparagus
It’s nearly impossible to reheat roasted asparagus the wrong way.
- Microwave: Place the spears in a glass dish with a little water or butter. Cover with plastic wrap and zap them in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
- Skillet: You can also quickly reheat them by sautéing in a skillet over medium heat.
Roasted Asparagus reheats quickly, so there is no need to put them in the oven unless they are already being used for something else! Besides, you’re too busy!
Delicious Vegetables Side Dishes
- Roasted Green Beans – ready in 15 mins!
- Zucchini Fries – oven baked & low carb
- Roasted Radishes – fresh, flavorful & tender
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – favorite take-out dish!
- Cucumber Salad with Feta – bright & tangy side salad!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash asparagus under cool water and snap off the ends.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil and salt & pepper to taste.
- Roast 8-10 minutes or until tender crisp.