This Roasted Keto Asparagus recipe is made with 3 ingredients and ready in 15 mins! Crisp, sweet and super easy to make, roasting asparagus is one of the best ways to enjoy its mild flavor!
This recipe is so versatile, it can be paired with a variety of main courses such as Baked Bone-In Chicken Breast or Low Carb Pork Tenderloin. And you can add nearly any sauce or seasoning for endless dinner possibilities!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Roasted Keto Asparagus
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How to Cook Asparagus Keto
I don’t think there is an better low carb side dish to make than roasted asparagus. And it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Wash and trim asparagus.
- Toss with oil and seasoning.
- Bake – it only takes about 10 minutes for perfectly cooked asparagus!
This side dish is ready in no time and naturally keto to boot!
Tips For Trimming Asparagus
The last inch or inch and a half of asparagus spears can be tough and woody, so snap these ends off and discard. If you can’t snap them off with your fingers, then trim off that end with a paring knife.
If the spears are still a little woody or extra thick at the bottom, use a vegetable peeler and gently remove some of the outside skin until it’s the same width.
How Long To Roast Asparagus
Try to buy asparagus that is consistent in length and width to ensure even cooking.
Depending on the size of the spears, you can roast shorter, thinner stalks at higher temperatures like in the recipe below. They will cook fast, so keep an eye on them! Larger spears require longer roast times at lower temps like 375˚F to 400˚F.
What Do They Go With?
Reheating Roasted Keto Asparagus
It’s nearly impossible to reheat roasted asparagus the wrong way.
- Microwave: Place the spears in a glass dish with a little water or butter. Cover with plastic wrap and zap them in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
- Skillet: You can also quickly reheat them by sautéing in a skillet over medium heat.
Roasted asparagus reheats quickly, so there is no need to put them in the oven unless it’s already being used for something else!
Delicious Vegetable Side Dishes
- Roasted Green Beans – ready in 15 mins!
- Zucchini Fries – oven-baked & low carb
- Roasted Radishes – fresh, flavorful & tender
- Grilled Asparagus – ready in 15 mins!
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – favorite take-out dish!
- Cucumber Salad with Feta – bright & tangy side salad!
Roasted Keto Asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash asparagus under cool water and snap off the ends.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil and salt & pepper to taste.
- Roast 8-10 minutes or until tender and crisp.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.