Make dinner quick and easy with this Air Fryer Chicken Thighs recipe.
The Air Fryer is a one-pot wonder for so many things, and it makes low carb chicken thighs come out tender and juicy with a deliciously crispy skin. If you are following a low carb, Keto or Paleo eating plan, make this recipe your go-to!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How Do You Use An Air Fryer?
Air fryers have gained in popularity in the last decade. They are a wonderfully convenient countertop appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around food placed in the basket or rack.
But the real benefit to the air fryer is that less fat can be used in any recipe, making it healthier. It’s easy to use, just preheat the fryer and place prepared food in the Air Fryer basket. Then start cooking!
Cooking Chicken Thighs In Air Fryer
Using the air fryer to make chicken takes the game up to a whole new level, and it’s as easy as 1,2,3!
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Prepare chicken by rubbing it in olive oil and generously applying the recipe seasoning. (See recipe below.)
- Place chicken in the air fryer basket and fry.
How To Serve Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Pop some chicken thighs in the air fryer before the big game or movie night and let the compliments come! Check out these sides to round out the meal! Roasted Asparagus, or Air Fryer Squash, and a bright, tangy Cucumber Salad with Feta or Zucchini Pasta Salad would be delicious. Or try serving them as an appetizer with Low Carb Ranch Dip. Any way these chicken thighs are served, they’ll always end up being a hit!
Can You Put Frozen Chicken In An Air Fryer?
Definitely! Cooking times will differ, expect to air fry frozen chicken thighs an extra 50% of time from the original recipe.
- We offer a simple seasoning recipe below, but feel free to mix things up if desired!
- Even packaged chili or Keto Taco Seasoning mix will add a kick of flavor.
- Chicken drumsticks are a good substitution in the air fryer too, why not try a combination of both?
Tips for Success
- Choose pieces of chicken that are of equal size so they cook evenly in the air fryer.
- If it’s hard to tell if chicken is done, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of one piece of chicken. The internal temp for chicken should be 165°F.
- Remember to always allow meat to rest before serving, to seal in the juices!
- Warm sauce in the microwave and brush it on the chicken once it comes out of the air fryer basket.
- We also like to make more than one batch at a time for healthy school day and work lunches.
- Chicken thighs will keep about 5 days in the refrigerator and they can be frozen up to a month.
Other Delicious Air Fryer Recipes To Try!
- Salmon Air Fryer Recipe – an elegant, yet easy meal!
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts – delicious every time.
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts – perfect side dish for everyday.
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms – easy appetizer!
- Air Fryer Kale Chips – for healthy snacking.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs with bone and skin 5-6 oz each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning or seasoning recipe below
- Rub chicken thighs with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Preheat air fryer to 340°F.
- Place chicken thighs in the basket and cook 22-25 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Rest 5 minutes before serving.
Cook time can vary slightly based on the size of your chicken thighs (and your brand of Air Fryer). Ensure chicken reaches 165°F.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.