Try this quick and easy low-carb artichoke spinach dip recipe for the ultimate appetizer that everyone will love!
This hot spinach and artichoke dip is thick and rich, creamy, and absolutely delicious! It’s a keto crowd-pleaser that’s always a hit at parties, potlucks or just a night in with the family. This dip is an easy-to-make, year-round winner!
An Easy Hot Dip!
- This easy spinach & artichoke dip goes from the oven to the table in less than 25 minutes!
- Hot dips are the best! Keep this artichoke spinach dip warm in a Crockpot and set a platter of dippables next to it so guests can choose their own.
- This dip is so versatile and can be served with celery sticks, zucchini coins, or roasted broccoli and it’s also delicious stuffed into hollowed out cherry tomatoes!
Ingredients and Variations
DAIRY – Three kinds of cheese, sour cream, butter, plus mayo make this dip the creamiest ever!
ARTICHOKES – Use chopped marinated artichoke hearts for the best flavor—and to make dip super easy to prepare.
SPINACH – Frozen thawed spinach is easiest to use, and also creates good texture for dip! Make it with fresh spinach if desired.
SEASONINGS – Use minced fresh garlic or garlic powder, and onion powder. Breadcrumbs give the topping some cheesy crunch, but can be omitted to turn this dish into a tasty keto version.
VARIATIONS – add extra add-ins like toasted walnuts, bacon bits, guacamole, even cooked crumbled sausage.
How To Make Artichoke Spinach Dip
Super easy and super creamy is where it’s at with this simple dip!
- Combine the base ingredients with seasonings and add spinach, mozzarella and artichokes.
- Spread dip into oven proof dish, cover with topping.
- Bake (per recipe below) until top is golden & bubbly.
Serve this delicious creamy dip surrounded by low carb dippers like raw veggies, keto crackers, crispy pepperoni chips and some crispy, crunchy air fryer kale chips! Why not add some with air fryer squash and garlic butter chicken bites for a fun appetizer night.
Recipes that do double duty are the best! Not only a hearty dip, this spinach & artichoke dip is also delicious as a filler for chicken breast. Simply cut a pocket into the side of a chicken breast, stuff with artichoke dip, seal with 2 toothpicks, and bake! Or scoop this creamy dip into low carb jalapeno poppers for a tasty new take on jalapeno poppers.
Tips For Success!
Prep spinach & artichoke dip ahead of time so that it’s ready to heat and serve immediately when the guests arrive. Or make it ahead of time and keep warm in a Crockpot. Either way it’s super delicious!
Keep leftover dip in a covered container in the refrigerator for about 4 days. Cooled portions can be added to zippered bags and frozen for up to 3 months. Don’t forget to label the date on the outside of the bag to ensure freshness.
Thaw frozen dip in the refrigerator and serve cold, or reheat in the microwave or oven. Stir and serve.
More Dips To Try!
Baked Artichoke Spinach Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced, or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 14 ounces marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 cup frozen spinach thawed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, and onion powder with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Squeeze all liquid from spinach and add to creamy mixture. Stir in half of the mozzarella cheese and chopped artichokes.
- Spread into a small casserole dish (or deep dish pie plate).
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese on top of the mixture.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned.
- Prep dip ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to heat and serve. Or bake it and keep warm in a Crockpot.
- Refrigerate leftover dip in a covered container for about 4 days. Freeze cooled portions in a zippered bag with the date labelled on it, for up to 3 months.
- Thaw frozen dip in the refrigerator and serve cold, or reheat in the microwave or oven. Stir before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
The recipe makes 8 servings. One eighth of the recipe would be approximately ½ cup. Enjoy Polly!