With four ingredients, three steps, and one dish, this salsa chicken is sure to be a low-carb lover’s favorite recipe!
Season these juicy & tender chicken breasts with taco seasoning, then cover them in zesty salsa, top with cheese, and bake! This recipe is so easy & delicious!
This is a quick low carb meal for those busy weeknights!
Easy Chicken Bake
- This keto salsa chicken recipe is full of healthy protein, and bright southwest flavors, and it’s super versatile!
- Salsa chicken goes from the oven to the table in less than 30 minutes!
- Party perfect! Keep salsa chicken warm in a Crockpot for easy access for game nights and potlucks!
- Make it today as an entrée, and cook some extra to use in enchiladas, or taco lettuce wraps.
Ingredients And Variations
Chicken – Keep the skin on the breasts for more flavor, it’s okay on a low-carb eating plan! Short on time? Use precooked shredded chicken mixed with taco seasoning in step 2, then just heat until the cheese melts!
Salsa – Everyone has a favorite salsa! Roja (red) or Verde (green) will work in this recipe. Be sure to check for sugar content, however, and go for the lowest (preferably zero sugar) version.
Cheese – Grate a block of cheese to make it uber-melty, since pre-shredded cheese has anti-caking agents in it. Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a Mexican blend will all work in this recipe. Why not mix and match with what’s on hand?
Variations – Make this salsa chicken bake with a cup or two of cauliflower rice for a more budget-friendly and nutrient-dense dish. Diced or grilled avocados, zucchini, mushrooms, black olives, jalapenos, and green chiles will add zesty flavor to salsa chicken! And, don’t forget, the only real beans that work in a low-carb eating plan are green beans, so toss them in, if you like!
How to Make Salsa Chicken
Just two easy steps is all it takes to get a delicious low carb dinner on the table!
- Bake seasoned chicken (per recipe below) until a meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- Top with cheese and broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
What to Serve with Salsa Chicken
Serve salsa chicken next to a cucumber feta salad and some roasted Brussels sprouts. Or serve this grilled avocado recipe for a tasty keto favorite. Some oven-roasted asparagus with lemon goes with everything and is always a low-carb favorite. Drinks and dessert? Try some refreshing detox water and serve up some creamy keto chocolate mousse.
Tips and Tricks!
Keep leftover salsa chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze it in zippered bags for up to one month. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and add to an enchilada casserole. Or use it to top a salad with fresh veggies and some sour cream or guacamole. Make an amazing buffalo chicken appetizer with leftover salsa chicken, too!
Have you tried this Salsa Chicken Recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts 5-6 oz each
- 1 ½ tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or pepper jack
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rub chicken with taco seasoning. Place in a 2.5 quart baking dish.
- Pour salsa evenly over-top of the chicken.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Top with cheese and broil for 1-2 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Chicken can be shredded after baking to use in other recipes, or it can be enjoyed as is.
- Keep leftover salsa chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze it in zippered bags for up to one month.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.