Our recipe for Taco Lettuce Wraps is perfect on taco night, but even more healthy and totally keto!
Low carb has never tasted so good! Low carb taco lettuce wraps are the answer when everyone wants Mexican food and carbs and calories won’t derail anyone’s keto eating plan. In fact, no one will know they’re low carb, especially with all the delicious mix-ins you can add!
Easy Taco Lettuce Wraps
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Low Carb Lettuce Wraps
Crunchy, savory, nutritious, and packed with all your favorite mix-ins and toppings! Switch out the ground beef for chicken, turkey, or shrimp, or make a totally veggie lettuce wrap with sautéed brussels sprouts, spinach, and zucchini. Taco lettuce wraps are great for a DIY party or buffet table, too!
Best Lettuce For Lettuce Wraps
We chose Iceberg lettuce for our wraps, but Bibb and Romaine work just as well. Make sure the leaves are clean and intact and wide enough for a good wrap!
Healthy Lettuce Wrap Recipes
Mexican flavored wraps are super quick to put together, there’s no pre-prep and no oven time! You just need a skillet and a spoon!
- In addition to the seasoned base of ground meat (here’s our fave keto taco seasoning blend), we like to add freshly diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sliced black olives, green chilis, jalapenos.
- For toppings, sour cream, hot sauce, salsa, and guacamole. All keto, all the time!
- Make Asian-inspired wraps using this chicken lettuce wrap recipe. The possibilities are endless!
How To Make Lettuce Wrap
These tasty taco lettuce wraps are a quick and easy low carb meal that’s ready in no time.
- Brown beef, onion, and garlic, until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning, water, and salsa. Simmer until thick.
- Cool slightly before scooping into lettuce leaves.
- Top with mix-ins of choice! Try them with delicious avocado dip.
What to Serve with Lettuce Wraps
Tex-Mex night means delicious sides to go with taco lettuce wraps! Here are a few tasty sides! Low carb coleslaw, cherry tomato salad and a side of tasty keto zucchini fries.
- Low carb and keto are all about using full fat flavored foods, so choose ground beef that is at least 85/15%. Be sure to drain it after cooking, however.
- Making a few batches of the seasoned ground beef mixture and several airtight containers of mix-ins can get lunch or dinner on the table as quickly as it takes to reheat the meat! Taco lettuce wraps are a great school or workday lunch!
Other Low Carb Ground Beef Recipes!
- Easy Beef Stir Fry – ready in 30 min!
- Low Carb Hamburger Soup – easy and delicious.
- Low Carb Cabbage Rolls – a classic, but low carb!
- Zucchini Lasagna – family favorite.
Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- ¼ cup onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning homemade is best
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 head iceberg lettuce or butter lettuce
- toppings as desired cheese, olives, avocado, sour cream, jalapenos, cilantro
- Wash and gently separate lettuce leaves. Place in the refrigerator.
- Brown beef, onion, and garlic until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning, water, and salsa. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture into lettuce cups and top with toppings as desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.