Low carb Crock Pot Salsa Chicken is deliciously moist, a little bit spicy and just so easy with 3 simple ingredients!
Keto and Low Carb go south of the border for this easy, slow cooker recipe! Tacos, burritos,and enchiladas, can all be made with shredded salsa chicken! We know you’ll make more than one batch to use all week long!
Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SLOW COOKER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Chicken In The Crockpot
Any kind of chicken is a Crockpot lover’s dream! And this recipe produces juicy, tender meat that makes it so easy to just set it and forget it! Even frozen chicken will work —simply double the cook time. Mix up the taco seasonings by using a spicier seasoning like chili or use a jar of green salsa verde for a milder flavor.
How To Cook Crockpot Chicken And Salsa
- Place boneless chicken breasts on the bottom of the crockpot. It’s okay to leave the skin on for an extra juicy sauce.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning mix over the chicken, then top with the salsa.
- Cover and cook according to recipe at the bottom of this post.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Add juices till desired consistency and season as desired.
What To Serve With Salsa Chicken?
Tacos are the first thing we think of for shredded salsa chicken! Create a DIY buffet with a variety of mix-ins and toppings like avocado, tomato, olives, and onions. For toppings, we like shredded cheese, extra salsa, sour cream, and avocado dip. Don’t forget the hot sauce!
Use crockpot chicken and salsa in other low carb dishes like this enchilada casserole, a chicken taco salad, or even a simple lettuce wrap.
Can You Freeze Salsa Chicken?
Salsa chicken is a super versatile recipe! Make more than one batch and freeze in zippered bags with the date written on the outside. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave.
Other Easy Low Carb Chicken Recipes To Try!
- Chicken Taco Bites - delicious appetizer!
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe- zesty and easy to make.
- Low Carb Chicken Parmesan - a classic entree.
- Cordon Bleu Casserole - easy assembly.
- Chicken Pizza Crust - deliciously different!
Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a 4qt slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with seasoning mix and top with salsa.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with forks. Add in juices/sauce to reach desired consistency.
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons each: cumin, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each: oregano, salt, pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes