Oven roasted asparagus with lemon is an easy and elegant appetizer or side dish you didn’t know you needed!
Asparagus is one of the first veggies of the season to arrive and it never fails to please. This recipe for Lemon Roasted Asparagus brings out its subtle, grassy flavors using just a little oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. It’s a versatile vegetable that can be added to an entree, served as a side dish or even as a delicious appetizer.
Lemon Roasted Asparagus
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon
- Readily available asparagus makes for a delicious appetizer or side dish. It has a mild flavor with dramatic color, ranging from green to white to purple. And it makes a stunning table presentation next to everyday foods, as well as a holiday spread.
- Serve lemon roasted asparagus with a drizzle of cheese or Alfredo sauce.
Ingredients and Variations
ASPARAGUS: Choose stalks that are deep green, firm, and have light green or purplish tips. Also, choose ones that are approximately the same width so they bake evenly.
SEASONING: Oil and garlic are universal seasonings for cooking veggies. Or use melted butter or leftover bacon grease instead of olive oil for that distinct bacon flavor! And for the best citrus flavor, use zest from a fresh lemon and then freeze what isn’t used.
How to Cut Asparagus
Snap or cut the bottom inch or so off the woody ends. If the bottom of the stalks are still too thick, use a vegetable peeler to thin the stalk from the center of each stalk to the bottom.
How to Roast Asparagus in the Oven
Taste buds will be speared by these flavorful slender green vegetables!
- Prepare asparagus.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
- Roast in a single layer (as per the recipe below).
PRO TIP: Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese over the roasted asparagus and broil until the cheese is melted and crispy! Serve with wedges of lemon, if desired.
How Long to Roast Asparagus at 425˚F?
Roast for up to 10 minutes, checking at the 8-minute mark to make sure they aren’t overcooked. They will continue to cook slightly once they’ve been removed from the heat.
Serving Roasted Asparagus with Lemon
Serve roasted asparagus with lemon as a side dish to complement a lighter entree such as blackened mahi mahi, lightly seasoned garlic butter shrimp, or some low carb chicken tenders. Try it alongside some simple turkey meatballs or with pork tenderloin with creamy dijon sauce.
Keep lemon roasted asparagus covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat portions under the broiler or chop them up to use in a homemade frittata, or try a sautéed asparagus and mushrooms recipe.
Prepare and season asparagus spears ahead of time, then refrigerate until ready to roast. Such a time saver!
Other Roasted Sides To Try!
- Roasted Keto Asparagus – quick 5 minute prep.
- Lemon Roasted Cauliflower – with that delish lemon flavor!
- Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts – perfect with so many entrees.
- Best Roasted Cauliflower – ready in just 30 minutes.
- Roasted Green Beans – colorful and easy to make.
Lemon Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus washed and trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash and trim asparagus. Pat dry with a towel.
- Combine oil, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss mixture with asparagus and place on a large baking tray.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Serve with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Prepare asparagus spears ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to roast.
- Refrigerate asparagus for up to 3 days in a covered container.
- Reheat asparagus in the oven or under the broiler
- Use leftovers in other recipes such as a frittata, or a seafood sauce.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Lemon Roasted Asparagus recipe!