Low Carb Enchilada Casserole is an easy, healthy way to enjoy traditional enchiladas. Cauliflower rice, shredded chicken, and cream cheese are layered with a spicy enchilada sauce and baked with cheese for the perfect low carb meal.
Don’t be put off by ‘cauliflower rice’, it tastes delicious in this recipe! And once you fall in love with it, you will have to try it in everything, like stuffed portobello mushrooms and shepherds pie!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Low Carb Enchilada Casserole
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
The Best Way to Rice Cauliflower
You can purchase cauliflower rice at the supermarket but it is so easy to make your own!
Just take cleaned and dried cauliflower, grate it against a box grater, and watch it turn into rice-like pieces! All the flavor and crunch without the carbs!
Let’s Make an Enchilada Casserole!
Making this low carb enchilada casserole with cauliflower rice is super simple. Layer all ingredients together and bake in a casserole dish with cheese!
- Cauliflower Rice: Rice the cauliflower and sauté with taco seasoning. You want it to be tender, but not overcooked. A little golden color is okay.
- Combine Ingredients: Stir in remaining ingredients, except the cheddar cheese, and cook until the sauce is smooth. Keep stirring so the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake: Transfer to a casserole dish, top with remaining enchilada sauce and shredded cheddar cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly!
With 3 easy steps, this casserole comes together in no time at all and tastes delicious! Just like an enchilada but without the tortilla.
How Long Does It Last
Chicken enchilada casserole will last about 5 days as long as it’s kept cold and covered in the refrigerator.
To reheat it, simply add a little more shredded cheese and pop it in the microwave or oven!
How to Store It
Keep chicken enchilada casserole covered and in the refrigerator. For freezing, place in a container with a tight-fitting lid and be sure to label it with the date!
More Recipes Starring Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – serve hot or cold!
- Cauliflower “Potato” Salad – easy 5 ingredient dressing
- Mashed Cauliflower – creamy & delicious!
- Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto – ready in 30 mins!
- Low Carb Cauliflower With Cheese Sauce – easy low carb comfort food
Low Carb Enchilada Casserole
- 1 head cauliflower riced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups chicken shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup enchilada sauce divided
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook cauliflower and taco seasoning in a frying pan until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, cream cheese and enchilada sauce. Cook on medium low until cream cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Place in a 2 qt casserole dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.