Cauliflower Fried Rice is definitely a go to recipe for me. It tastes just like the real thing so I don’t even miss the carbs! Add in your favorite proteins; chicken, shrimp or pork and even leftover veggies. Serve it alongside a chicken stir fry for the perfect meal!
Cauliflower has definitely stepped into the culinary limelight in the past few years and this cauliflower rice is no exception! Years ago, it seemed that cauliflower could only be boiled, steamed, or baked.
These days, cauliflower has not only taken its rightful place as a vegetarian, vegan, PALEO, and KETO diet superstar, there are now new and innovative ways to prepare this oldie but goodie. Cauliflower mushroom risotto, roasted cauliflower with cheese sauce, you name it!
Finally, here’s a gluten free, nutritious and of course low carb fried rice substitute that will food even the pickiest of eaters!
Breakfast, lunch or dinner, this easy Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe is sure to become a family favorite. Make a Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry or a convert a previous recipe into a healthy fried rice recipe using cauliflower. Who would have thought?
Cooking cauliflower rice is easy once you get the hang of it. Pre-purchased cauliflower rice can be found in the frozen foods aisle of your local supermarket or of course you can make your own in just minutes!
For this recipe, imagine a traditional fried rice recipe with the same chopped veggies; green onions, zucchini, and carrots. This recipe adds fresh garlic and ginger for a bright and bold flavor that is sure to please every palate!
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Purchase or prepare riced cauliflower
- Cook the aromatics (garlic/ginger) until fragrant
- Add veggies, cauliflower rice
- Add in shrimp or leftover chicken.
- Scramble egg and season to taste.
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice served cold is great over a bed of lettuce with a sesame vinaigrette or spooned into a wrap for a healthy, tasty, office day lunch!
Feeling creative? Mold your cauliflower rice into patties (add an egg to bind it) and fry with a little olive oil. Serve with the dipping sauce of your choice and you have a quick and tasty appetizer, perfect for a night in or to serve to a crowd!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 head cauliflower riced
- 2 cups finely chopped vegetables
- 1 tablespoon oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions sliced, whites & greens separated
- 1 cup cooked and finely diced chicken pork or small shrimp
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in garlic, ginger and the white part of the green onion. Cook until fragrant. Stir in chopped vegetables and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add raw riced cauliflower and continue to cook until cauliflower is slightly softened (about 5 minutes).
- Push rice to one side. Add remaining teaspoon olive oil and scramble egg until cooked. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil and remaining green onion.
- Serve hot.