Cauliflower Fried Rice is definitely a go-to recipe for me. Add in your favorite proteins: chicken, shrimp or pork and even leftover veggies. Serve it alongside a chicken stir fry for the perfect meal!
Cauliflower has definitely stepped into the culinary limelight and taken its rightful place as a vegetarian, vegan, PALEO, and KETO diet superstar. There are now new and innovative ways to prepare this oldie but a goodie, like cauliflower mushroom risotto, or roasted cauliflower with cheese sauce, you name it!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What is Cauliflower Rice?
Cauliflower Rice is a versatile, nutritious, and low carb replacement for rice! It is made by ricing or finely shredding cauliflower so it has the appearance of traditional rice.
Cooking cauliflower rice is so easy once you get the hang of it. Pre-purchased cauliflower rice can be found in the frozen foods aisle of your local supermarket or of course, you can make your own in just minutes!
For this recipe, imagine a traditional fried rice recipe with the same chopped veggies: green onions, zucchini, and carrots. This recipe adds fresh garlic and ginger for a bright and bold flavor that is sure to please every palate!
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
This cauliflower fried rice recipe is quick and easy to prepare with just 3 simple steps!
- Prepare the cauliflower.
- Cook the aromatics (garlic/ginger) until fragrant
- Add in remaining ingredients.
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice served cold is great over a bed of lettuce with a sesame vinaigrette or spooned into a lettuce wrap for a healthy, tasty, office day lunch!
Feeling creative? Mold your cauliflower rice into patties (add an egg to bind it) and fry with a little olive oil. Serve with the dipping sauce of your choice and you have a quick and tasty appetizer, perfect for a night in or to serve to a crowd!
What to Serve with Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cauliflower fried rice can be a meal in itself with the addition of chicken, shrimp, or even extra egg. But you can always serve it alongside your favorite Asian-inspired recipes as well!
Must-Try Cauliflower Recipes
- Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust – amazing low carb alternative!
- Mashed Cauliflower – creamy & remarkably tasty
- Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto – classic recipe without the carbs!
- Cauliflower Enchilada Casserole – easy, healthy & delicious!
- Low Carb Cauliflower Casserole – with cheese sauce
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 head cauliflower riced
- 1 tablespoon oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 2 green onions sliced, whites & greens separated
- 2 cups vegetables finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari or to taste
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup chicken pork or small shrimp, cooked and finely diced
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in garlic, ginger and the white part of the green onion. Cook until fragrant. Stir in chopped vegetables and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add raw riced cauliflower and continue to cook until cauliflower is slightly softened (about 5 minutes).
- Push rice to one side. Add remaining teaspoon olive oil and scramble egg until cooked. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, chicken, and remaining green onion.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.