This Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe is one of the easiest ways to make juicy, flavorful chicken!
Using boneless chicken breasts and a ‘no breadcrumbs’ seasoning, this recipe delivers delicious, tender chicken that everyone will love. And the best part – with a 4 ingredient spice mix, it is super simple to make! The perfect main to serve with almond pesto zucchini noodles or roasted keto asparagus.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
- Air frying makes everything healthier because less oil means less fat, but the flavor remains!
- Not only are these flavorful chicken breasts amazing on their own, but this recipe lends itself to shredded chicken for tacos, chicken pot pie, sandwiches, or salads.
- Make an extra batch of air fry chicken breasts and meal prep for the whole week.
CHICKEN BREASTS – This recipe uses boneless skinless chicken breasts, but bone-in chicken can be used too, just add a few extra minutes of cook time until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165°F. Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, the cooking time may vary. Large breasts (8-10 ounces) may need an extra couple of minutes and small breasts (less than 5 ounces) may need a couple of minutes less, but check the internal temperature to be sure.
SEASONINGS – Garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper form a simple and delicious seasoning for the chicken. Switch it up for a new dish every time. Taco seasoning, blackening seasoning, or this garlic herb seasoning are all great options.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Air fryers are perfect for getting the maximum flavor out of anything with minimum effort! Just a little oil and a few seasonings are all you need!
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Season chicken breasts in a small bowl (per recipe below).
- Cook in the air fryer basket until they reach an internal temperature of 165˚F.
No air fryer? No problem! Cook chicken breasts in the oven at 400°F for 22-26 minutes or until chicken has an internal temperature of 165°F.
How Long To Cook Air Fryer Chicken Breast
These chicken breasts take about 8 minutes to cook in the air fryer on each side.
To cook chicken from frozen in an air fryer be sure to add at least another 5 minutes on each side.
Tips & Tricks
Use a meat thermometer to get perfect chicken breasts every time, no more overcooking!
For extra juicy chicken breasts, try a brine! Mix ¼ cup salt and 4 cups of water until fully dissolved, add raw chicken breasts to salted water and let refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Store cooked chicken breasts in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
What To Serve With Chicken Breasts
Chicken breast recipes are so versatile! Served either hot or cold, with sauce or without, chicken breasts are a powerhouse of both nutrition and flavor. This easy air fryer chicken recipe is no exception!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Brats With Peppers And Onions – so much flavor
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – crispy and delish!
- Air Fryer Salmon Recipe – a healthy entree
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – perfect for busy weeknight
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts boneless/skinless 5-7oz each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F.
- Place chicken breasts in a small bowl.
- Toss with olive oil and seasonings.
- Place chicken breasts in a single layer and cook 8 minutes. Flip and cook and additional 7-9 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.