This seasoning is better than what you can buy in packets, and it's so easy because you likely already have all the ingredients in your spice cabinet! So take your zesty, south-of-the-border game to the next level make your own DIY seasoning! Oh, did I mention it’s totally keto, too?
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Taco Seasoning Variations
What’s so great about this homemade recipe? You can adjust the ingredients any way you like.
- Big fan of garlic? Add a dash more garlic powder.
- Spicing it up for meatloaf? Add more chili powder and red pepper flakes, of course!
- Looking for something a bit milder and savory? Adjust the dried basil and rosemary.
My Favorite Uses For Taco Seasoning!
This seasoning goes with almost everything so keep a batch ready at all times! Use it to season beef, chicken, pork, fish, and even shrimp! It’s great sprinkled on zucchini fries, Mexican rice, and scrambled eggs! Let your imagination run wild and get creative with this totally versatile seasoning mix.
How to Store It
There are three things you need to avoid when storing any of your spices:
So store your homemade taco seasoning in a covered jar or another airtight container, tucked in a cupboard away from direct light and heat. Too much direct light and heat will alter the flavor and cause it to get hard or lumpy. No Bueno!
How Long Does Homemade Taco Seasoning Last?
Keto Taco Seasoning will keep for about 6 months to a year if you keep it properly stored. Just to be safe, use a marker to write the date you prepared it so you’ll remember when to make a fresh batch…that is unless it isn’t it already used up first!
Other Zesty Low Carb Recipes To Try
- Cajun Shrimp - perfectly spiced!
- Fajita Turkey Burgers - a unique twist on a burger
- Easy Low Carb Meat Sauce - a classic low carb sauce!
- Keto/Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Soup (Zoodle) - delicious chicken soup
- Easy Low Carb Spaghetti and Meatballs - easy and delicious!
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper optional
- Combine all ingredients in a small jar.
- To make tacos, combine 2 tablespoons of mixture with 1 lb ground meat. Add 1/2 cup water and simmer until water has evaporated.
Recipe from SpendWithPennies.com