Melt in Your Mouth Chicken has the perfect name because this entrée is totally delish!
This chicken recipe is a keto and low carb dream recipe! Skin-on or skinless chicken breasts are made even juicier with this super easy mayonnaise and parmesan cheese basting sauce. Keto parmesan crusted chicken is yummy on its own and also great for soups, sandwiches, and salads!
Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Why We Love This Recipe!
- Any novice cook can make this recipe and it comes out perfect every time!
- Mild-flavored mayonnaise parmesan chicken is lightly flavored and perfect to top cold salads and sandwiches.
- Make in advance and save in the fridge—or freeze portions for future keto meals!
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: Chicken breasts are meaty and uniformly sized making them easy to cook and affordable. They’re a great protein for low-carb, low-calorie eating plans! Whole chickens and thighs will work too, and you can remove the bones and skins if desired. In a pinch for time? Use a rotisserie chicken and reheat with the mayo-based sauce on it.
SAUCE: Mayonnaise makes for an easy sauce because of its high-fat content and mild flavor which makes it a perfect vehicle for all kinds of seasonings. Instead of garlic, salt, and pepper, try a Keto Taco Seasoning Recipe or Southwest Seasoning.
How To Make Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
It doesn’t get much easier than this tasty recipe, just 3 simple steps, and dinner is ready:
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients together.
- Coat chicken with sauce mixture and bake in a prepared dish (as per the recipe below).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to rest about 10 minutes before serving.
- Avoid overbaking the chicken breasts. Use a meat thermometer, and as soon as chicken reaches 165°F it’s done. If in doubt, pull them out and tent them with aluminum foil so they can “carryover cook” until they reach the right temperature.
- Low carb melt in your mouth chicken is great for weekly meal prep! Shred, chop, or slice for all kinds of recipes to use throughout the week!
- Save the juices from the baked chicken and freeze in ice cube trays for stock, gravy, or to sauté veggies in!
Low Carb Sides for Chicken
- Mashed Cauliflower with Cream Cheese – great potato substitute!
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli – great for dipping.
- Best Greek Salad Recipe – 6 easy ingredients-
- Air Fryer Squash – crispy & healthy!
- Sauteed Kale With Garlic & Lemon – low carb & low calorie
Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts about 1 pound
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, blend together all ingredients with mayonnaise (except chicken)
- Place chicken in baking dish and spread sauce mixture evenly over each piece.
- Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes until golden brown (or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F)
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Recipe
This is the best chicken I’ve ever made.
Well didn’t you just make my day Sandy! So happy to hear that!
Exceptional Chicken… Moist and Very Delicious! Definitely a Favorite in My House….
So happy to hear that, Bonnie! Glad you are enjoying it.
Love this recipe! I’ve made it many times. So easy and delicious! I add a little cayenne pepper to the mixture.
Cayenne is a great addition to this dish! Thanks for sharing!
Looks delish! Could it be done in an air fryer?
Yes, it can! Cook at 375°F for 16-19 minutes!
I made this tonight and served it with mushroom rice and brussel sprouts. The chicken was delicious.
Yum! What a delicious dinner!
So easy & quick prep. Absolutely Delicious!!!
Definitely making this a regular dinner. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
You’re very welcome Debbie! It’s a family favorite for sure!
This is my favorite way to prepare baked chicken. It is utterly delicious and husband-approved.
So happy you are loving it as much as we are, Valerie!
Absolutely delioucious!! Made it tonight for 3 of us and 2 of us don’t love chicken. It was delioucious, flavorful and perfect. Even son aten2 helpings. I used lemon pepper because I had it. This will also be great with ranch seasonings or Italian flavorings. Thank you for sharing. My new favorite way to cook chicken
Oooh, it would be so yummy with Italian or ranch seasoning. Great suggestion, Linda!
My husband and I are working on lowering our carbs in our meals. The challenge has been real with such a highly particular eater as my husband has been during this transition. This was an easy and great main course meal! To avoid heating our home with the oven in the heat of summer, we cooked this on the grill and in a cast-iron dish. So delicious! Thanks!!!
Do you put the sauce only on one side or do you flip it and put some on the other side?
Hi Nancy! Great question, we only put sauce on the top side of this chicken. We don’t flip it while baking. Enjoy!
This looks delicious! What would the cook time be is using boneless chicken thighs?
I would bake at 425 F for 20 minutes or until your chicken has reached 165 F. Enjoy Libby!
Recently moved to a new house with a gas stove/broiler drawer. I am used to an electric stove. Is the chicken supposed to have a crispy topping? I baked it in the oven and the chicken came to the correct temperature, but the topping was on the color side of a bland color. So I stuck the chicken breasts in the broiler for a few minutes. No change in the color, so I put them in my Air Fryer Oven for 4 minutes. The topping color darkened after 4 minutes but never crisped up. I was afraid to overcook so we ate the chicken as is. It was very good, but I think it would have been better had the topping been crispy. Please advise.
The topping isn’t intended to be crispy but helps make the chicken moist and flavorful! You can add crushed pork rinds in the last few minutes to help crisp it up! I am glad you enjoyed this chicken Ann!
Amazing recipe!!! Amazingly simple but, delicious. My family can’t get enough. I am going to try it on fish tonight!!!