This low carb oven roasted chicken breast recipe takes all the guesswork out of seasoning and cooking! This simple 5 ingredients recipe is the ultimate ‘go-to’ recipe for something simple, elegant and flavorful!
A simply prepared boneless chicken breast recipe makes a great low carb or keto addition to a salad or a hearty wrap. It can even be shredded and added to a mouth-watering zucchini chicken soup or stew.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Roasted Chicken Breast
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How to Roast Chicken Breast
Making oven roasted boneless chicken breasts is so simple! It is just 2 steps and results in delicious, juicy chicken every time!
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Bake chicken until it reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
Allow the chicken to rest before slicing and serve it alongside roasted cauliflower and cheese sauce for the perfect keto meal.
What Temperature to Roast Chicken Breast
Roasting is a cooking method that uses a higher oven temperature which produces a dryer heat that surrounds the food and cooks it on all sides. While baking means a lower and slower cook time which often creates moister results.
- Roasting also creates ‘caramelization’ of the fats and seasonings which stick to the skin or the flesh if the skin is removed. The optimum roasting temperature for chicken breasts is 400°F.
- Baking is good for pieces of chicken that may be shredded and used for another recipe, like enchiladas or soup. The optimal temperature for baking chicken is 375°F or below.
How Long to Roast Chicken Breasts
Depending on how many chicken breasts are in the pan, a good rule of thumb is to roast for 22 to 26 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature at the thickest part of 165°F.
If there are vegetables alongside the chicken, check the internal temp after about 20 minutes. The additional heat from roasting vegetables can decrease cooking time!
Be sure to let the chicken ‘rest’ once it’s been removed from the oven so the flavorful juices from the roasted in seasonings can lock in!
Chicken for Dinner!
- Easy Low Carb Pesto Chicken - 5 simple ingredients!
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken - light & flavorful dish
- Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan - 30 min meal!
- Taco Chicken Bites - perfect bite-sized pieces
- Buffalo Chicken Salad - fun new twist!
Roasted Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Place chicken on a pan and bake at 400°F for 22-26 minutes or until chicken has an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Allow chicken to rest a few minutes before slicing.