This grilled avocado recipe will put a new twist on a favorite low carb vegetable.
Roasting avocados caramelizes the natural sugars and enhances their nutty, buttery flavor! Once you try this grilled avocado recipe you’ll never look back!
These are perfect for adding to burgers, sandwiches, and more.
Best Fire Roasted Avocado!
- Quick and easy grilled avocados are the perfect addition to burgers, sandwiches, salads, and especially salsa!
- Low-carb, healthy fire roasted avocados make tasty, no-waste, portable vessels for energizing workday lunches! Enjoy a serving before a workout.
- Stock up when avocados are on sale and store them submerged in water in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks! It works, I promise! 😊
Just 2 ingredients!
Similar to the popular recipe at Avocado Grill in South Florida, this recipe starts with the basic grilled avocado recipe, but we left plenty of room for delicious ways to enjoy them!
Avocados – Choose whole, unblemished avocados that have a little ‘”give” when you press into them. Keep the pit and sprout a new avocado tree!
Oil – Besides olive oil, try other oils like sesame oil, spicy chili oil, or even melted bacon grease, which will infuse avocados with tasty flavor!
How To Cook An Avocado On The Grill
- Cut avocados vertically and remove the pit. Brush the cut sides with oil and season.
- Grill each cut half until lightly charred (as per the recipe below). Serve immediately.
Serving And Storage Ideas!
Keep leftover grilled avocado in zippered bags in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Use leftovers to make a quick salsa with chunks of grilled avocado cubes, corn (a few kernels for color, although corn is not keto), roasted tomatoes, crumbled Cotija cheese, and cilantro for fish or shrimp tacos. Use any leftover grilled avocado in a dip.
Other Grill Favorites
Have you tried this Grilled Avocado Recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Grilled Avocado Recipe
- 2 avocados ripe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove the seed.
- Brush with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill in direct heat for 2-3 minutes until lightly charred.
- Serve immediately.
- To make grilled avocado on the stovetop, use a cast iron grill pan on high heat and prepare the avocado as directed in recipe above. Remove when slightly charred with grill marks.
- Refrigerate leftover grilled avocado in zippered bags for up to 5 days.
- Use leftovers in other recipes such as salsa or a dip.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.