Water is so essential in to keep your body happy and healthy. All of us also know that if you are trying to lose weight, drinking lots of water is very effective! Water is not a magic weight loss pill but it certainly helps the process along!
I was never a water lover, I just found it to be so boring!! Once I started flavoring my water with fruits and herbs, I actually found that I was drinking SO much more water and so were my girls. You can find a ton of yummy flavored water ideas here!
Well, guess what, these ingredients not only add amazing flavor but they also have so many other properties that are great for our bodies! This Slimming Detox Water is so delish, you’ll find yourself sipping on it all day long!
Slimming Detox Water Benefits
- Water: Keeping hydrated is obviously essential for all of us, but it also helps with weight loss by boosting your metabolism and keeping you full!
- Lime & Lemon: If you’re having trouble with bloating or digestion, it’s been found that citrus juices, which are similar to our own digestive enzymes, will help!
- Ginger: Ginger is nature’s own tummy tamer with anti-inflammatory properties. It also has been shown to help with fat burning & is an immunity booster!
- Oranges: Oranges are a great toxin eliminator, have loads of Vitamin C and taste great.
- Mint: This yummy herb as a fresh flavor and will help to stimulate your digestive enzymes.
- Cucumber: Cucumbers are filled up with vitamins A, B & C and they are known toxin flushers! In addition, the electrolytes in cucumbers can reduce water retention!
Slimming Detox Water
- 1 orange sliced ¼" thick
- 1 lime sliced ¼" thick
- 1 lemon sliced ¼" thick
- ½ cucumber sliced ¼" thick
- 3 slices fresh ginger peeled, ½"
- 25 mint leaves
- 4-6 cups ice
- water add more or less to taste
- In a large 1 gallon beverage container, layer ice and remaining ingredients.
- Top with icy cold water and allow flavors to blend for about 45 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.