Check out this southern-style recipe for easy to make Taco Chicken Bites! Bite-sized pieces of chicken are tossed in a homemade taco seasoning, pan-fried, and garnished with cilantro and lime juice. Perfect served over a green salad or wrapped up in a corn tortilla.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Taco Chicken Bites
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What’s In Taco Chicken Bites?
It’s the perfect amount of homemade taco seasoning that makes these taco chicken bites totally tasty!
Remember to mix up a double batch of the seasoning recipe so you have it on hand for seasoning ground beef, fish, or shrimp! You’ll find dozens of new ways to use this savory spice mix!
Let’s Make Them!
Ready in 30 mins this recipe is a perfect weeknight meal, especially when served with a fresh green salad!
- Toss chicken bites with homemade taco seasoning. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Pan-fry chicken in small batches until cooked (see recipe below).
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
It doesn’t get any yummier than this delicious Southern recipe!
Chicken Taco Bites are also easy to make on the grill! Just thread the seasoned and chilled chicken strips onto wooden skewers soaked in water (or metal kabob skewers) and grill on medium heat until the chicken bites are evenly browned and fully cooked. Why not try wrapping them in bacon before cooking on the grill? So fun and delicious!
My Favorite Taco Toppings
The sky is the limit when it comes to taco toppings! Anything goes, but here’s a list of my favorites:
- Veggies: Shredded lettuce, diced onions, tomatoes, and avocados, sliced black olives, jalapenos or green chiles.
- Cheese: Any kind you like!
- Sauces: Sour cream, salsa, and guacamole, of course!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Easy Low Carb Pesto Chicken – simple and delicious.
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken – perfectly balanced!
- Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan – a classic.
- Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry! – so easy to make.
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip (low carb) – hot and spicy!
Taco Chicken Bites
- 3 boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro
- 1 lime
- Cut chicken into bite sized strips. Toss with taco seasoning and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken (in small batches to allow it to brown) and cook 5-7 minutes or until no pink remains.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.