Chicken Taco Bites are a delicious low carb option that are perfect served over a green salad or wrapped up in a corn tortilla.
These little taco bites are great served as an appetizer with a cheese sauce, salsa or even an avocado dip. Try adding these tiny morsels to the top of a delicious low carb caesar salad for a delicious lunch or dinner!
Chicken Taco Bites
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your APPETIZER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What Are Chicken Taco Bites?
Taco bites a delicious appetizer or snack that everyone just loves to get their hands on! They are bite-sized pieces of chicken that are tossed in a homemade taco seasoning, pan-fried, and garnished with cilantro and lime juice!
Just a handful of ingredients are needed to make this easy Southern-style recipe!
CHICKEN: Boneless skinless chicken breasts are cut into bite-sized pieces for the perfect appetizer or weeknight meal. Since they are cut into small chunks they cook quickly and every bite is perfectly seasoned.
SEASONINGS: It's the perfect amount of homemade taco seasoning that makes these chicken bites totally tasty! Mix up a double batch of the seasoning recipe so you have it on hand for seasoning ground beef, fish, or shrimp! You’ll find dozens of new ways to use this savory spice mix.
How To Make Taco Bites
Ready in 30 mins this recipe is a perfect weeknight meal, especially when served with a fresh cucumber salad!
- Toss chicken bites in taco seasoning. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Pan-fry in small batches until cooked (per recipe below).
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
It doesn't get any yummier or easier than that!
- Oven Baked! Why not spread these bites on a parchment lined pan and bake! It will only take about 15 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165˚F, for deliciously tender taco bites from the oven.
- On the Grill! These tasty taco bites can also be made easily on your grill!
- Soak wooden skewers in water or use metal kabob skewers.
- Thread seasoned and chilled chicken strips.
- Grill on medium heat until the chicken bites are evenly browned and fully cooked.
- Bacon Wrapped! Why not try bacon-wrapped chicken bites! Just season according to the recipe then wrap in bacon before cooking on the grill. So fun and delicious!
- Favorite Toppings? The sky is the limit when it comes to taco toppings!
- Veggies: Shredded lettuce, diced onions, tomatoes, and avocados, sliced black olives, jalapenos or green chiles.
- Cheese: Any kind you like! Try cheddar, mozzarella, Monteray jack, Cotija or feta.
- Sauces: Sour cream, salsa, and avocado dip, of course! Or for something a bit different, try a low carb ranch.
Easy Finger Food Recipes To Try
- Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes - so fresh and delicious!
- Crispy Pepperoni Chips - so crispy
- Zucchini Pizza Bites - favorite finger food.
- Air Fryer Squash - so tasty and easy to make.
Chicken Taco Bites
- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 lime
- Cut chicken into bite-sized strips. Toss with taco seasoning and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken (in small batches to allow it to brown) and cook 5-7 minutes or until no pink remains.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.