This Air Fryer Drumsticks recipe is so simple to make, you’ll have plenty of extra time to enjoy with your family!
Economical and healthy chicken drumsticks go from the air fryer to the table in just minutes, with minimal mess! Party and picnic-perfect, fried chicken is a classic that is always a hit. You’ll definitely want to cook up an extra batch!
Air Fryer Drumsticks
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Healthy Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken is a low carb lover’s dream! We love this recipe for air fried, healthy chicken drumsticks! They come out tender and juicy and with the perfect crispy coating on the outside! Even better, all you need is a zippered bag for the mixing! No fuss, no muss!
Keep it keto with these tasty seasonings and sauces!
- Add some bbq or buffalo sauce to the mixing bag or some pre-made keto taco seasoning for a whole new flavor profile!
- We also like a honey garlic seasoning, just crush some garlic and mix with honey to drizzle on top!
- Thai sauce can be made with soy sauce, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- For a breaded version, instead of using carb-heavy panko crumbs, crush some pork rinds and roll each drumstick in the coating, pressing the crumbs into the meat. Cook as directed.
How to Cook Chicken Drumsticks in Air Fryer
Air fryer drumsticks are as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Toss the chicken with the oil and seasonings. PRO TIP: Place chicken, oil and seasonings in a zippered bag and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in the prepared air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken drumsticks over and cook another 10 minutes. Serve hot.
In the Oven:
Bake seasoned drumsticks in an oven heated to 425° F for 40 minutes, turning after 20 minutes. And make clean up a breeze by lining the baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. So simple – clean done in a snap!
What to Serve Air Fryer Drumsticks With
Since the air fryer is already preheated, use it for your side dishes! Try these Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts or Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms for guilt free sides you will love. Complete your meal with a crispy Keto Caesar Salad or a Zucchini Pasta Salad.
- Select chicken drumsticks that are similar in size so they cook at the same rate.
- Pat the chicken with a paper towel so the seasonings (and optional coating) can adhere.
- Keep the pieces spaced evenly in the fryer basket. This allows the air to circulate around the pieces for perfectly crispy chicken drumsticks every time.
Other Main Dishes To Try!
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – another great air fryer recipe!
- Keto Pork Tenderloin – so tender and delicious.
- Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps – dinner in 45 minutes.
- Best Pork Loin Roast Recipe – perfect pork recipe.
- Chicken and Spaghetti Squash – a complete meal!
Air Fryer Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400˚F.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to a sealable plastic baggie. Add the olive oil and seasonings to the plastic bag and seal without removing any excess air.
- Toss the drumsticks in the bag to coat evenly with olive oil and seasonings.
- Prepare the basket of the Air fryer with a liner or olive oil spray. Add the chicken drumsticks in a single layer, careful to not overlap. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the drumsticks in the basket and cook for an additional 10 minutes, for a total of 20 minutes cook time. Serve.