This simple and Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe has loads of savor and tang!
Here’s a tasty copycat recipe for ground chicken lettuce wraps like the ones served at the ever popular PF Changs! Why get take out when you can create a fresh and delicious Asian feast in the comfort of your own home.
Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
We love these lettuce wraps with ground chicken! In less than 5 steps, anyone can have delicious homemade Asian food that makes dinner at home feel like a night out! Carb friendly and budget-friendly, chicken lettuce wraps make great school or workday lunches, too! Double up the batch and scoop some into a low carb wrap, or top a green salad.
Ingredients For Lettuce Wraps
Most pantries have many of these ingredients on hand!
MEAT – The original PF Chang recipe calls for ground chicken, but pork or beef are also low carb.
WATER CHESTNUTS – Keep a few small cans of water chestnuts in the pantry, because they add that signature crunch that makes the restaurant version so unforgettable!
GINGER – Fresh ginger will make the flavors pop, and the ginger can be used in the other recipes.
BELL PEPPERS – Choose two or more colors of bell peppers for visual appeal.
VARIATIONS – Feel free to also add crushed peanuts, sliced brussels sprouts or chopped celery will give lettuce wraps some extra crunch! Leftover cauliflower, broccoli, or peas add texture, color, and are also keto!
How To Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Super easy and super healthy is the name of the game with low carb lettuce wraps!
- Combine chicken with half the garlic and ginger and sauté.
- Add water chestnuts, white portions of green onions, the remaining garlic & ginger, and the bell peppers.
- Mix in soy sauce, sambal, and sesame oil and stir.
- Garnish with cilantro, onion greens, and sesame seeds and serve in lettuce cups.
PRO TIP: For an extra zesty depth of flavor, stir in 1 tablespoon on Hoisin before garnishing (NOTE: Hoisin contains sugar, which may not be suitable for strict low carb followers).
What To Serve With Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serve these healthy lettuce wraps as an appetizer with some spicy Thai sauce (aka sambal oelek). Follow with an entrée of easy beef stir fry with a side dish of cauliflower fried rice and finish with a bright and tangy cucumber salad with feta. It’s a complete keto meal, loaded with healthy nutrients and mouth-watering flavors!
Other Easy Low Carb Recipes!
- Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl – fresh and so filling!
- Chicken and Spaghetti Squash – a creamy low carb casserole.
- Easy Beef Stir Fry – asian inspired dinner.
- Low Carb Cabbage Rolls – a classic made low carb!
- Low Carb Hamburger Soup – hearty and delicious
Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 green onions whites/greens separated separate whites and greens
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 oz water chestnuts finely chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek or to taste
- cilantro & sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 head of butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce for serving
- Combine chicken with half of the garlic and ginger.
- Place in a pan and cook chicken until browned and no pink remains.
- Add the water chestnuts, whites of green onions, remaining ginger and garlic, and diced red peppers.
- Cook 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, sambal, and sesame oil until coated.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion greens, and sesame seeds. Serve in lettuce cups.
If your plan allows for it, stir in 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce for extra flavor.
Serve with extra shredded veggies for topping.