Low Carb Chicken Parmesan may sound carb heavy but you won’t have to sacrifice your meal plan to enjoy this decadent dish!
This easy parmesan crusted chicken comes straight from the oven to the table in 30 minutes and is so tasty no one would guess its low carb! It’s delicious served with roasted radishes and a caesar salad!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What is Parmesan Chicken?
Parmesan Chicken is typically a quick and easy recipe to make for dinner. It’s usually chicken cutlets that are breaded in parmesan, egg, and bread crumbs, then fried until crispy.
But this low carb chicken parmesan steps it up using healthier alternatives and is BAKED instead of fried! It’s the best of both worlds.
How Do You Make Chicken Parmesan?
This easy parmesan crusted chicken recipe is very simple and the results are so delicious they will wow any crowd! You can double or triple the recipe for larger groups, or keep leftovers to make a hearty sandwich the next day!
- CUT the chicken in half and coat with egg.
- MIX the parmesan cheese coating ingredients.
- DIP each piece of chicken into cheese mixture.
- BAKE the chicken after topping with pasta sauce and cheese.
Tips for Success!
- Prepare the whisked egg and the parmesan mixture in shallow dishes for easy dipping when assembling your chicken parmesan.
- Use parchment paper or foil to line your baking pan for easy clean up!
- You will want to bake only until the chicken reaches 165°F. Take care not to overcook the chicken so it stays nice and juicy!
- Use store bought low carb pasta sauce or you can make your own!
What Goes With Chicken Parmesan?
This low carb chicken parmesan is best served over spaghetti squash or zoodles! And keeping it low carb means garlic bread is a no-no! So how about a crispy, green salad with a bright, tangy vinaigrette or a sweet slaw made from shredded cabbage and creamy mayo?
Paired with a nice glass of red (or white- lower carb!) wine, this entrée will satisfy your taste buds without sacrificing your waistline!
Try These Delicious Chicken Recipes!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – perfect as an appetizer!
- Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry – loaded with colorful vegetables.
- Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu – a personal favorite!
- Roasted Chicken Breast – a classic!
- Chicken Zucchini Soup – a delicious soup, perfect for lunch.
Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 jar low carb pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley or basil for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise to make two thin chicken cutlets. Toss with egg.
- Combine parmesan cheese, coconut flour and Italian seasoning. Dip each chicken breast in the cheese mixture.
- Place on a large greased baking sheet. Top with pasta sauce and bake 25 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F. Do not overcook.
- Top with cheeses and broil 1-2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve over spaghetti squash.