Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan may sound carb heavy but you won’t have to sacrifice your meal plan to enjoy this decadent dish!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What is Parmesan Chicken?
Parmesan Chicken is typically a quick and easy recipe to make for dinner. It’s usually chicken cutlets that are breaded in parmesan, egg, and bread crumbs, then fried until crispy.
But this low carb chicken parmesan steps it up using healthier alternatives and is BAKED instead of fried! It’s the best of both worlds.
How Do You Make Chicken Parmesan?
Don’t be fooled by the fancy sounding name. This is a low carb chicken parmesan that will wow any crowd! Double or triple the recipe and make a hearty sandwich or serve over greens for a next day lunch!
- PREP: Preheat your oven, grease a large baking sheet, and cut your chicken breast in half crosswise, tossing them in a bowl with one mixed egg.
- MIX: Combine together the parmesan cheese, coconut flour, and Italian seasoning. Dip each piece of chicken into cheese mixture.
- BAKE: Place the chicken pieces onto the prepared baking sheets and top with pasta sauce. Top with shredded cheese and then broil few minutes until bubbly!
You will want to bake until the chicken reaches 165°F and then serve over spaghetti squash or zoodles! Take care not to overcook the chicken so it stays nice and juicy!
What to Serve with Chicken Parmesan?
Keeping it low carb means garlic bread is a no-no! How about a crispy, green salad with a bright, tangy vinaigrette or a sweet slaw made from shredded cabbage and creamy mayo? Paired with a nice glass of red (or white- lower carb!) wine, this entrée will satisfy your taste buds without sacrificing your waistline!
Try These Delicious Chicken Recipes!
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip (low carb) – perfect as an appetizer!
- Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry! – this dish is loaded with colorful vegetables.
- Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu – a personal favorite!
- Roasted Chicken Breast – can never go wrong with a classic.
- Keto/Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Soup (Zoodle) – delicious soup great for lunch.
This easy Chicken Parmesan comes is ready in 30 minutes and is so delicious that no one will guess its low carb!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 jar low carb pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley or basil for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise to make two thin chicken cutlets. Toss with egg.
- Combine parmesan cheese, coconut flour and Italian seasoning. Dip each chicken breast in the cheese mixture.
- Place on a large greased baking sheet. Top with pasta sauce and bake 25 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F. Do not overcook.
- Top with cheeses and broil 1-2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve over spaghetti squash.