Low Carb Baked Chicken Parmesan is so delicious and filling, that no one will guess it’s low-carb!
Healthy chicken parmesan is lightly breaded with a mixture of keto bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. It’s baked with a zesty low carb pasta sauce and topped with lots of melty mozzarella and parmesan cheese. The chicken in this flavor packed entree comes out incredibly tender and juicy.
Healthy Chicken Parmesan!
- Low-carb chicken parmesan is so easy to make! Just prep it and pop it in the oven for tender and juicy chicken with just the right about of savory flavor!
- A low sugar pasta sauce gives this dish a healthy seal of approval. And this dish is baked, not fried, for even more goodness!
- This delicious dinner is ready and on the table in 30 minutes! It’s especially impressive to serve for company is coming, just add a salad or a side of roasted radishes!
Low Carb Ingredients
CHICKEN: Choose boneless cutlets that are about the same size so they cook uniformly. To turn chicken breasts into cutlets, simply cut them in half and pound with a mallet if needed.
CHEESE: Parmesan helps keep the breading on the cutlets and adds a tangy flavor to the recipe. Mozzarella can be replaced with Provolone, Monterey Jack, or even feta! Use what’s on hand, or a combination!
VARIATIONS: This homemade breading is made using keto bread, but crushed pork rinds or ¼ cup of almond flour would also work. Use a pre-made Italian seasoning, or give this DIY version a try which can be used as a rub, added to a dressing, or stirred into sour cream as a dip. If a low carb sauce cannot be found, keep this spaghetti sauce recipe close to use in a pinch.
How To Make Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
There are a few steps to this dish, but the end result is so worth the time.
- Prepare the breadcrumbs, add ½ the parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Seasoned the chicken cutlets, dip into the egg mixture and then the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and top with sauce, mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
- Let chicken rest before serving and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Low Carb Serving Suggestions
An impressive-looking dish needs an equally impressive and colorful zucchini pasta salad. Or serve with spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles or some cauliflower mash. Add a few slices of cloud bread to soak up all that pasta sauce! Why not begin the meal with a bowl of chicken zucchini soup as a starter?
Tips For Success!
Keep leftover low-carb baked chicken parmesan in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or meal prep baked chicken parmesan ahead and simply reheat portions in the air fryer or under the broiler to get the coating crispy again! Perfect for chicken parm sandwiches for school or work! Freeze leftovers between sheets of parchment paper and let them thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Other Delicious Chicken Recipes!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – a delish appetizer
- Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry – loaded with colorful vegetables
- Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu – a favorite
- Roasted Chicken Breast – 5 minute prep!
Low Carb Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1 egg
- ½ cup parmesan cheese divided
- 2 slices keto bread* or low carb bread
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ⅓ cup low carb pasta sauce more for serving
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley or basil for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rip the bread and place it in a food processor or blender for a few seconds to make fresh bread crumbs.
- Beat the egg in a small dish.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a shallow dish and add ½ of the parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper, then dip into the egg mixture, followed by the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a large greased baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Top each chicken breast with ⅓ cup pasta sauce, ¼ mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake an additional 5-6 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165°F. Do not overcook.
- Broil 1 minute if desired.
- Note: Chicken cutlets are thin and cook quickly, so watch them close to check when they are done. A digital meat thermometer works best for this.
- If using full chicken breasts, cut them in half horizontally to make thin cutlets.
- Low carb bread gives the best results, but if none is unavailable, use crushed pork rinds in its place. Or replace with ¼ cup almond flour.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Low Carb Baked Chicken Parmesan
This is pretty similar to the way I make my alfredo, and it’s probably my favorite dinner that I have ever posted! I haven’t done it without scraping the cooked squash though–I will definitely have to give it a try!
You will have to let us know what you think Hannah! Enjoy 🙂
I like the way you put your food in those vegetables. They look cool, thanks for sharing. your chicken is excellent, thanks for sharing