This Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe brings a flavorful new twist to your traditional chicken salad!
Perfect for a fall outing, a football game or even a fun potluck! This recipe has chicken marinated in a zesty buffalo sauce, then grilled and placed on top crisp, fresh veggies and crumbled blue cheese. It’s an unforgettable flavor combination that also falls into the keto-category because it is low-carb and packed with protein! So feel free to dig in!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
PIN IT to your SALADS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
This easy low carb chicken salad can even be made into a hand-held wrap or a grilled buffalo chicken salad sandwich on low-carb bread! Perfect served with a hearty bowl of chicken zucchini soup (zoodle), creamy mushroom soup, or even a side of hard boiled eggs.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Salad
The real star of this recipe is Franks Red Hot Sauce which has just the right blend of tangy and spicy!
- Prepare the hot sauce and allow to cool. Using only half the sauce, marinate chicken breast for about 1 hour.
- Grill chicken, allow to rest, then slice.
- Arrange the salad ingredients in bowls, place sliced chicken and crumbled blue cheese on top.
- Drizzle with remaining hot sauce.
How Long Does It Last?
Whether the chicken is grilled or store bought and shredded, buffalo chicken will keep about 4 days in the fridge as long as it is in an airtight container. Refresh it a bit with crunchy new lettuce, celery and low-carb croutons and it will be good as new!
Can You Make It In Advance?
You sure can! As long as the salad stays cold, you can make it in advance even with the chicken on top! Or, you can leave the chicken off and reheat it before topping the salad! It’s the perfect recipe to take to work or school!
This low carb chicken salad is fresh, tasty and so versatile! Try adding other mix-in’s like sliced black olives, sunflower seeds (in lieu of croutons), pepperoncini’s or sliced mushrooms! Drizzle with ranch dip for a tasty twist!
Grilled buffalo chicken salad really is an amazing entrée salad, which can also be served with a side of Greek olives and some sliced hard-boiled eggs, to keep it low carb and healthy!
More Low Carb Recipes To Try
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip (low carb) – a zesty appetizer
- Low Carb (keto) Caesar Salad – a classic salad!
- Radish Salad (Mock Potato Salad) – Potato salad reinvented!
- Cheeseburger Salad – truly a complete meal
- Keto Egg Salad (Low Carb) – always a favorite
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup hot sauce such as Franks red hot
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 cups lettuce romaine or lettuce of your choice
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup celery sliced
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons carrot shredded
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup low carb croutons optional
- To make buffalo sauce, combine hot sauce and melted butter in a small dish until smooth.
- Add ½ of the cooled hot sauce to chicken breasts and marinate at least 1 hour.
- Grill chicken over medium heat 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through and 165°F.
- Meanwhile, arrange salads by dividing lettuce and toppings over two bowls.
- Allow chicken to rest 5 minutes. Slice and place on top of salad. Drizzle with remaining buffalo sauce.
- Top with dressing as desired and enjoy!