This Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe brings a flavorful new twist to a simple chicken salad!
This salad is perfect for a summer evening or even a fun potluck! Chicken is marinated in a zesty buffalo sauce, then grilled and placed on top crisp, fresh veggies and crumbled blue cheese. It’s an unforgettable flavor combination that also falls into the keto-category because it is low-carb and packed with protein! So feel free to dig in!
© Easy Low Carb.com
The Best Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
- Only 15 minutes of prep to make this!
- All the delicious flavor of buffalo wings in a healthy salad.
- This easy low carb chicken salad can be made into a lettuce wrap or a grilled buffalo chicken salad sandwich on low-carb bread!
Ingredients & Variations
Chicken: Grilled chicken breasts make this a quick dinner to put together. Leftover rotisserie chicken or any other leftover chicken cut into bite size pieces can be tossed in buffalo wing sauce and used in place!
Buffalo Sauce: To make the buffalo sauce, mix together the hot sauce and butter. To give it a flavor booster, add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, or salt and pepper to taste.
Cheese: Blue cheese crumbles are sprinkled on this salad. Not a fan of blue cheese? Cheddar and mozzarella are delicious too.
Salad: Romaine lettuce is the base for this salad but any lettuce can be used. Try adding other mix-in’s like sliced black olives, dill, sunflower seeds (in lieu of croutons), pepperoncini, or sliced mushrooms! Drizzle with blue cheese dressing or homemade ranch dressing for a tasty twist!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Salad
The real star of this recipe is Franks Red Hot Sauce which has just the right blend of tangy and spicy!
- Make the buffalo sauce.
- Marinate the chicken for 1 hour.
- Grill chicken, allow to rest, then slice.
- Arrange the salad ingredients in bowls, place sliced chicken and crumbled blue cheese on top.
- Drizzle with remaining hot sauce.
Tips & Tricks
Whether the chicken is grilled or store-bought and shredded, buffalo chicken will keep about 4 days in the fridge as long as it is in an airtight container. Refresh it a bit with crunchy new lettuce, celery and low-carb croutons and it will be good as new!
Can it be made in advance? As long as the salad stays cold, you can make it in advance even with the chicken on top! Or, you can leave the chicken off and reheat it before topping the salad. It’s the perfect recipe to take to work or school.
More Chicken Recipes To Try
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip (low carb) – a zesty appetizer
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Skillet
- Easy Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables
- Baked Crack Chicken
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup hot sauce such as Franks red hot
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 cups lettuce romaine or lettuce of your choice
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup celery sliced
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- 2 Tablespoons carrot shredded
- 3 Tablespoons blue cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup low carb croutons optional
- To make buffalo sauce, combine hot sauce and melted butter in a small dish until smooth.
- Add ½ of the cooled hot sauce to chicken breasts and marinate at least 1 hour.
- Grill chicken over medium heat 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through and has reached an internal temp of 165°F.
- Meanwhile, divide lettuce and toppings over two bowls.
- Allow chicken to rest 5 minutes. Slice and place on top of salad. Drizzle with remaining buffalo sauce.
- Top with dressing as desired and enjoy!
- Nutrition calculated without low carb croutons.
- Be sure chicken is cooked to an internal temp of 165˚F for safe consumption.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.