Buffalo Chicken Salad is a flavorful new twist on your traditional chicken salad. Fresh and crisp lettuce, tomatoes, celery, onion and carrot are topped with tender, grilled chicken breast, crumbled blue cheese and a buffalo sauce dressing.
This recipe is perfect for a fall outing, a football game or a fun potluck! It can even be made into a hand-held low-carb wrap or a grilled buffalo chicken salad sandwich on low-carb bread! Perfect served with a hearty bowl of Chicken Zucchini Soup (Zoodle) or even a side of Hard Boiled Eggs.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Salad
The real flavor winner here is a generous dose of Franks Red Hot Sauce, the right blend between tangy and spicy!
- Heat up the Frank’s Red Hot sauce with butter over medium heat. Allow to cool.
- Add half of the buffalo sauce to the chicken and allow to marinate for about an hour.
- Grill chicken evenly on both sides until a meat thermometer registers 145˚F in the thickest part. Allow to rest off the grill, then slice.
- Arrange the rest of the salad ingredients in separate bowls and place the chicken on top. Drizzle the remaining half of the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, sprinkle the blue cheese on and enjoy!
This recipe even falls into the keto-category because it is low-carb, packed with protein! So feel free to dig in!
How Long Does It Last?
Whether the chicken is grilled or store bought and shredded, buffalo chicken will keep about 4 days in the fridge as long as it is in an airtight container. Refresh it a bit with crunchy new lettuce and celery and low-carb croutons and it will be good as new!
Can You Make It In Advance?
You sure can! As long as the salad stays cold, you can make it in advance even with the chicken on top! Or, you can leave the chicken off and reheat it before topping the salad!
What To Serve It With
Along with extra mix-in's like sliced black olives, sunflower seeds (in lieu of croutons), pepperoncini’s or sliced mushrooms, a grilled buffalo chicken salad really is an amazing entrée all-in-one! A side of Greek olives and some sliced hard-boiled eggs keep it low carb and healthy!
You’ll come back to this recipe again and again because it's fresh, tasty and so versatile!
More Low Carb Recipes To Try
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip (low carb) - a zesty appetizer
- Low Carb (keto) Caesar Salad - a classic salad!
- Radish Salad (Mock Potato Salad) - Potato salad reinvented!
- Cheeseburger Salad - truly a complete meal
- Keto Egg Salad (Low Carb) - always a favorite
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup hot sauce such as Franks red hot
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 cups lettuce romaine or lettuce of your choice
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup celery sliced
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons carrot shredded
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup low carb croutons optional
- To make buffalo sauce, combine hot sauce and melted butter in a small dish until smooth.
- Add ½ of the cooled hot sauce to chicken breasts and marinate at least 1 hour.
- Grill chicken over medium heat 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through and 165°F.
- Meanwhile, arrange salads by dividing lettuce and toppings over two bowls.
- Allow chicken to rest 5 minutes. Slice and place on top of salad. Drizzle with remaining buffalo sauce.
- Top with dressing as desired and enjoy!