Roasted Radishes are the perfect keto side dish. Fresh and flavorful radishes are tossed in olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper then roasted to tender perfection!
These little red beauties are perfect along side a steak, roasted chicken breast, or even a pork tenderloin in place of potatoes... add a sprinkle of parmesan and a dollop of sour cream for a real treat!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Great Appetizer or Side Dish
I always find it pretty simple to find keto main dishes to cook, like roasted chicken, steaks, or these fajita turkey burgers. When it comes to side dishes, I often find myself in a rut preparing the same old dishes over and over.
These roasted radishes are a favorite for sure! I love serving them alongside just about any main and I also love that I can easily change up the seasonings or use them as a base for any recipe calling for roasted potatoes.
Do You Peel Radishes Before Roasting?
Radishes have a naturally strong flavor to them. Much like onions, cooking them really helps to eliminate the strong taste.
Once cooked, they leaves you with a deliciously tender and slightly sweet side dish that makes me never want to go back to regular roasted potatoes again! Especially since these oven roasted radishes don't require peeling first!
I love eating roasted radishes, asparagus, or cauliflower. The possibilities are endless when it comes to keto friendly roasted vegetables.
How To Roast Radishes
Roasting radishes, or any root vegetable for that matter, is a pretty straightforward process.
- Cut the tops and bottoms off of your radishes. If you have any larger ones, chop them in half so that everything cooks evenly.
- Toss in olive oil, then garlic and seasonings in until everything is coated.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet, and roast the radishes until fork tender. I like to flip mine half way through with a spatula to make sure they roast evenly.
Serve ‘em while hot with your favorite main dish, or allow them to cool and add them to a nice salad!
Easy Vegetable Side Dishes
- Roasted Asparagus - crisp, sweet & super easy to make!
- Mashed Cauliflower - creamy & delicious
- Roasted Green Beans - ready in 15 minutes!
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts - 3 simple ingredients!
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon - tender & flavorful
- 3 large bunches radishes
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Wash radishes and remove tops and bottoms. Cut larger radishes in half lengthwise.
- Toss radishes with oil and seasonings. Spread onto baking pan and roast 25-30 minutes or until tender.