Lemon Rosemary Chicken is a light & flavorful baked entrée that is sure to be a family favorite any time of the year. Chicken breasts (or thighs) are marinaded in a tart lemon, garlic, and white wine sauce for the perfect infusion!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What’s in This Recipe?
Lemon and rosemary chicken combines tart and savory flavors. It starts with a delicious chicken marinade made with lemon juice, white wine, chicken broth and a tablespoon of flour!
Then marinades and browns the chicken serve baking with your choice of veggies. Add asparagus, mushrooms, and zucchini for the perfect foundation for baking the chicken on top of.
This dish can be made so many different ways it will always be new on the table!
How to Make Juicy Roasted Chicken
This roasted rosemary chicken comes together in three simple steps. Just marinade, bread, and bake for a hearty meal any night.
- Whisk together the lemon, chicken broth, white wine, and 1 tablespoon of the flour until it is smooth and no lumps remain. Set aside.
- Mix ¼ cup of the flour, garlic, paprika, black pepper, and rosemary in a small dish.
- Beat egg white and water in a separate dish and set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and dredge in the seasoned flour mixture. Dip chicken into the egg mixture and then back into the flour mixture, making sure each piece is evenly coated.
Brown & Bake:
- Brown chicken evenly in a skillet over medium heat with a little oil or bacon grease. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Pour lemon juice marinade into the pan and cook down until it is thick and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- Place veggies of your choice in the bottom of a greased casserole dish and top with cooked chicken breasts or thighs. Pour sauce over the top.
- To bake, cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Since the meat is thicker in some places, an easy-to-read meat thermometer will help determine if the chicken is completely cooked. Place the thermometer in the thickest part of the breast or thigh, it’s done when the internal temp reaches 165°F.
If the chicken is cooked with other vegetables, remove and let ‘rest’ about 10 minutes before serving.
My Favorite Chicken Dinner Sides
Juicy Chicken Dinners
- Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu – ready in 15 mins!
- Roasted Chicken Breast – juicy and flavorful every time
- Baked Bone In Chicken Breast – just 3 simple ingredients!
- Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan – 30 min meal!
- Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry! – loaded with colorful vegetables
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg white
- Optional: 3/4 pound fresh asparagus sliced mushrooms or zucchini
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine juice from 1 lemon, broth, wine and 1 tablespoon flour. Set aside.
- Mix 1/4 cup flour, garlic, paprika, rosemary and pepper in a small dish. Whisk egg white with 1 tablespoon water in a separate dish.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Dip chicken into egg whites and then into flour again. Spray chicken with no stick spray.
- Cook chicken in a pan over medium-high heat until browned (about 3 minutes on each side).
- Remove chicken from pan and and pour lemon juice mixture into the pan whisking until thick and bubbly (about 3 minutes).
- If using, place veggies in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Top with chicken and pour lemon sauce overtop. Cover pan with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.