This is hands-down the best Grilled Vegetables recipe!
Mushrooms, asparagus, and zucchini are marinated in a light garlic soy vinaigrette and roasted on the grill until they are tender-crisp and extra delicious! Serve these tasty veggies over a bed of rice for a vegetarian meal, add to skewers, or serve alongside a BBQ meat entree. And the best part is how incredibly easy they are to make!
Best Grilled Vegetables
- It’s easy to learn how to grill vegetables once you get the hang of it! This recipe only has 3 veggies, but the possibilities are endless!
- Cook grilled vegetables loose on the grill, or skewer them into kabobs for a fun presentation!
- Make the whole meal at once and grill some chicken, burgers, or chops at the same time. Try them with some grilled striploin steak or grilled chicken cordon bleu.
Ingredients And Variations
VEGGIES: Mushrooms, asparagus, and thick rounds of zucchini are just the basics of this recipe! Experiment with other low-carb veggies like colorful bell peppers, halved brussels sprouts, and wedges of sweet red onions! They will all have that sweet, smoky grilled look and flavor!
MARINADE: A good marinade has an oil and an acid. Experiment with different oils (chile oil, sesame oil, even bacon grease), and an acid (orange juice, grapefruit juice, red wine vinegar) to create your own signature blend! Other spices to use are Italian seasoning, a garlic herb seasoning or some low carb blackening seasoning.
Best Vegetables to Grill
Low-carb veggies that are perfect on the grill are mushrooms, onions, brussels sprouts, and squash like zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, eggplant, and tomatoes.
Grilled Vegetables Marinade
No time to whip up a homemade marinade? Use your favorite low-carb Italian dressing! Easy peasy!
How To Grill Vegetables
Marinate prepared vegetables for at least 30 minutes. PRO TIP: Use a large zippered bag and avoid washing a dish! Grill 7-12 minutes or until veggies are slightly charred. A grill pan is perfect for veggies so they don’t slip through the grates! Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese before serving, if you like!
Tips For Success!
Cut pieces to uniform sizes so they cook at the same rate. Keep cooked portions warm wrapped in foil on a cooler part of the grill or in the oven. Broil all the cooked vegetables on a sheet pan to get them extra crispy before serving.
If making kabobs, soak the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before using so they don’t catch fire on the grill!
Other Delish Grilled Recipes!
- Grilled Vegetable Salad – so many flavors in one bowl
- Grilled Mushrooms – perfect with any entree
- Grilled Asparagus – ready in less than 15 minutes!
- 8 ounces large mushrooms brown or white
- 1 small bunch asparagus trimmed
- 1 medium zucchini sliced ½-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- Toss vegetables with the marinade ingredients. Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Add the vegetables to the grill and cook 7-12 minutes turning occasionally and removing vegetables to a plate as they are cooked.
- Use a large zippered bag to marinate veggies for quick clean up.
- Cut vegetables into similar sized pieces so they cook evenly.
- Use a grill pan if worried about veggies slipping through the grates.
- To skewer veggies: remember to soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before using so they don’t char or catch fire on the grill.
- Keep cooked portions warm wrapped in foil, then quickly heat on hot grill, or under the broiler, to get them extra crispy before serving.
- Refrigerate cooked veggies in a covered container for about 2-3 days. Reheat to enjoy again, or use leftovers in other recipes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.