This keto chicken salad recipe is a one-dish delish staple for anyone following a keto diet!
So creamy and so crunchy! This salad is packed with protein and crunchy veggies mixed in a creamy mayo-mustard dressing.
Creamy Keto Chicken Salad!
- Quick and easy, this delicious low-carb chicken salad can be made into an energizing workday lunch or served as a light dinner
- All the flavors and textures are here – creamy, crunchy and savory!
- This salad is super versatile so mix and match, add or omit favorite keto-friendly ingredients.
- So many ways to serve it – on its own, as a dip, scooped onto a bed of lettuce, or into a sandwich or wrap!
Low Carb Ingredients
Chicken – Rotisserie chickens are economical and easy to use in so many low-carb recipes! But any cooked or shredded chicken will do! Leftover grilled chicken or even turkey works in this recipe! Add a shake of bacon bits for a smoky flavor, if you like!
Veggies – Celery and onions add a critical crunch to this otherwise creamy salad. Consider other low-carb veggies like radishes, sliced brussels sprouts, or cucumbers.
Dressing – Mayo has the healthy fats that keep low-carb lovers’ satisfied but so does Greek yogurt and mashed avocado! Even a small amount of softened cream cheese adds a rich flavor to the dressing. Plain yellow mustard, Dijon, and stone ground mustard are excellent options, however, avoid prepared honey mustard due to the high sugar content. Pickle relish can be added for an extra tangy flavor.
Seasonings – A little pickle juice and fresh dill punch up the flavors in the dressing, but if you want to add more, try this DIY garlic herb seasoning.
Extras – Gotta have some extras if they fit, right? How about some chia, sunflower, or hemp seeds, chopped walnuts, pecans, or sliced almonds because they not only add protein but also have healthy fats that help lower bad cholesterol.
How To Make Chicken Salad
- Here’s the best part: Mix everything in a bowl and season with salt and pepper! Voila!
For best results, chill creamy chicken salad at least an hour before serving. Chilling will bring out the flavors and textures!
How To Serve Chicken Salad
Serve creamy chicken salad in Bibb lettuce cups or wrap it in a romaine lettuce leaf or in celery boats. Make a sandwich using two slices of cloud bread, use a low-carb wrap, or use it as a dip with these easy keto crackers.
Keep creamy chicken salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Stir thoroughly before serving. Freeze chicken salad for up to 1 month, but since mayonnaise tends to separate when it’s thawed, the texture won’t be the same, so it’s best to simply start with fresh!
Low Carb Chicken Recipes
Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle juice optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill optional
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 pinch pepper or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop chicken salad into lettuce cups, keto bread or into a low carb tortilla.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.