Oven Roasted Green Beans are a delicious addition to any meal! Whether it's a busy weeknight meal or a holiday gathering, this 4 ingredient side dish is always a welcome addition to a family-style dinner.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Roasted Green Beans
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How to Choose the Best Green Beans
There are a ton of different varieties of green beans, from fancy to standard. It all depends on how they are cooked and what they are being served with.
- Haricot vert is a fancy term for French beans, which are a thinner, shorter variety that takes less time to cook and are just a little more tender than regular green beans.
- Snap beans, green beans, and string beans are essentially the same bean but have different names depending on the region they are grown in.
A good green bean will ‘snap’ to indicate rigidity and freshness, have a rich, green hue, a subtle, sweet aroma and can be even be eaten raw. Nothing beats a bowl of cold, crisp green beans with some dill dip as a snack!
How to Trim Green Beans
Long gone are the days of hand trimming green beans on the porch with Gramma. Most commercially purchased green beans have been trimmed of the strings that once attached them to the vine.
If you are lucky enough to grow your own or get some from a local farmer’s market, simply pull the string off from one end to the other. Line up the beans and cut straight across the top of the stems, creating a uniform look.
At this point, cut the beans into smaller, bite-sized pieces or leave them whole.
How to Roast Green Beans
This classic green beans recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Rinse and trim green beans.
- Season and layer in a baking dish (per recipe below).
- Roast until just barely cooked.
Be careful to avoid overcooking they will become soft and mushy!
For the simplest prep ever…line up washed and trimmed green beans alongside the protein of your choice in a roasting pan or casserole dish. Chicken, pork, or beef are all complimentary to the sweet and colorful green bean!
Some of the best fresh green bean recipes involve roasting them with a variety of savory herbs, spices, and liquids.
- White wine and rosemary make for an aromatic green bean side dish.
- A hearty garlic green beans side is sure to please every palate!
- You can never go wrong roasting them with bacon, mushrooms, or tomatoes either!
It just depends on what they’re being served with, that’s how versatile green beans are!
Can I Roast Frozen Green Beans?
While fresh is definitely best for this recipe, you can roast frozen green beans in a pinch.
Start by defrosting the green beans by rinsing them under cold water. Then follow the recipe below, it's that easy! Avoid roasting them directly from frozen as the extra water will cause the green beans to become soft and mushy quickly.
Delicious Vegetable Sides
- Roasted Asparagus - crisp, sweet & super easy to make!
- Zucchini Fries - crispy, crunchy & delicious
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts - ready in 25 mins!
- Roasted Radishes - fresh & flavorful side
- Bacon Wrapped Cabbage - just 2 main ingredients!
Easy Low Carb Roasted Green Beans
- 2 lbs green beans washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss all ingredients on a prepared baking sheet. Roast 10-15 minutes or until tender but crisp.