Make this keto-friendly Low Carb Meatloaf recipe for tender and juicy meatloaf every time!
Using ground beef, seasonings, parmesan cheese and almond flour, this meatloaf is not only easy to make but super moist, delicious and sugar free!
If you follow a low carb eating style, give this keto staple a try!
A Basic Meatloaf Made Better!
- Meatloaf is a hearty entree that is so versatile! Use ground turkey instead of ground beef, modify the seasoning to your liking, or even serve it stuffed!
- Using budget friendly ingredients makes this entree the perfect dinner option for anyone, and especially for large families.
- This is an easy recipe that can be prepped ahead of time, then pop in the oven when ready to cook. Perfect for busy weeknights, or even when entertaining guests.
Ingredients to Make Meatloaf
Ground Beef: Choose ground beef with a ratio of lean meat to fat of 70/30 or 90/10. A higher fat content will produce a juicier meatloaf with a crispy exterior, and is also more budget friendly! Ground pork and turkey are good additions for a more firm meatloaf, but they are less fatty meats and will produce a meatloaf that is more dense and a bit drier.
To Bind It Together: Use an egg and almond flour as the binding ingredients for a healthy meatloaf that is low carb and absolutely delicious!
For Flavor: This recipe uses onion and garlic for the aromatics, then adds a simple combination of Italian seasoning, fresh parsley, salt and pepper. A bit of parmesan cheese adds a zesty touch too. And don’t forget the yummy, sweet topping made with low carb tomato sauce and Swerve brown sugar!
Variations : As long as it stays within the keto list of ingredients, anything goes. Try adding a spicier blend like a southwest seasoning, or something more subtle like this garlic herb blend. Or make a stuffed meatloaf with shredded cheese, bacon bits, diced bell peppers, even jalapenos! Replace 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 2 tablespoons of bacon fat for extra moisture and a savory, salty, bacon flavor!
How to Make Meatloaf!
- Line a loaf pan with aluminum foil and spray with pan release.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until translucent. Let cool completely.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except topping) in a large bowl. Shape meat mixture into a loaf and place in the prepared pan.
- Bake meatloaf for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Whisk together the tomato sauce and Swerve. Brush over semi-cooked meatloaf, then bake additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160˚F.
Ways To Serve Meatloaf
Meatloaf goes with anything, and keeping it low carb is easy! Serve with sauteed kale with garlic & lemon, collard greens, oven baked spaghetti squash, or mashed cauliflower. Add a bright salad or low carb coleslaw for a tasty meal.
Refrigerate cooled meatloaf in an airtight container for up to 6 days. Slice and add it to low carb wraps or make a meatloaf sandwich between cloud bread.
Freeze mini-loaves or individual slices in small freezer bags, with the date labeled on the outside, for about 6 months.
Reheat meatloaf quickly in the microwave. Heat covered with foil in the oven, or even under the broiler for 5 minutes.
Have you tried this Low Carb Meatloaf recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Low Carb Meatloaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup low carb tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon swerve brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a small pan with parchment paper, or foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Cool completely.
- Combine all meatloaf ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Form into a 3″x8″ loaf and place on prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes uncovered. Top with topping and bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until loaf reaches 160°F.
- Rest for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
- Try this optional keto-style meatloaf glaze! Heat 1 cup of sugar-free balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of low or no sugar tomato paste, and 2 tablespoons of sugar-free maple syrup. Simmer until the glaze is thickened and brush over the meatloaf before the second bake.
- Cool meatloaf up to 10 minutes before removing and slicing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.