Cauliflower Potato Salad is a summertime staple and the perfect side to your next picnic or BBQ.
Tender cauliflower is tossed in a creamy dressing and all the traditional add-ins of a potato salad like hard-boiled eggs, radishes, and pickles. Serve this delicious mock potato salad alongside your favorite keto friendly main dishes like Italian stuffed burgers or air fryer chicken breasts!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Cauliflower Potato Salad
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
The Best Cauliflower Potato Salad Recipe
- Despite the name, cauliflower potato salad doesn’t actually contain potatoes, making it the perfect keto side dish!
- Everyone loves this mock potato salad, even those who are not following a low carb or keto diet.
- The dressing is full of flavor, while the cauliflower, egg, celery and radish combine to create an interesting crunch and tender texture that is amazing!
Ingredients & Variations
Cauliflower: Cauliflower florets form the base of this recipe. To make this a little creamier, add some mashed cauliflower. Or instead of boiling the cauliflower, why not try roasting it in the oven for delicious flavor and perfect texture! Roasted radishes would be wonderful in this recipe as well!
Add-ins: Hard-boiled eggs, green onions, pickles, radishes, and celery are added to make this truly reminiscent of a potato salad. Other add-ins that are delicious are red onion, fresh dill, cheddar cheese, avocado, or bacon crumbles!
Dressing: This is a simple creamy dressing made with mayo, yellow mustard, and seasonings. To make it a little healthier, substitute half of the mayo for Greek yogurt or to make it lighter, substitute the mayo for olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Kick the dressing up a notch by adding a bit of chili powder, dijon mustard or sriracha sauce!
How To Make Cauliflower Potato Salad
This keto potato salad is just as simple as making a classic potato salad recipe, and so much healthier! (pesky carbs…)
- Cook cauliflower until fork-tender. Cool.
- Whisk together dressing.
- Mix everything together. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Tips For Success
- Don’t overcook! Do not over boil the cauliflower or it will become mushy. When the cauliflower is done cooking, run under cold water in the colander to stop the cooking process.
- Cool completely! Be sure the eggs and cauliflower are cooled completely before adding the dressing. You can place it in the freezer for a bit if you are in a rush.
- Storage: This salad will last covered for about 5 days in the refrigerator. It’s perfect to make ahead of time if you are hosting a party or potluck. Or just keep it prepped and ready in the fridge for a last minute side dish or keto friendly snack!
Other Side Dish Recipes
- Radish Salad – another mock potato salad
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole – easy and delicious
- Low Carb Coleslaw – a classic side dish
- Roasted Keto Asparagus – perfect for busy nights
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts – so simple to make
Cauliflower Potato Salad
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- ⅓ cup dill pickles chopped
- ½ cup radishes sliced
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil cauliflower until tender crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain very well and allow to cool in a strainer.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- It is important to ensure your cauliflower is very well drained to keep the dressing from getting watery.
- Substitute yellow mustard with 1 tsp dry mustard if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.