If you love potato salad but are following a low carb way of eating, this Cauliflower Potato Salad is perfect for you!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Cauliflower Potato Salad
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What is Cauliflower Potato Salad?
Despite the name, Cauliflower Potato Salad doesn’t actually contain potatoes, making it the perfect keto side dish!
Potatoes are replaced with boiled cauliflower, then tossed in a creamy homemade dressing with eggs, pickles, radishes, and celery. Delicious!
Everyone loves this mock potato salad, even those who are not following a low carb or keto diet. The dry mustard and garlic powder add loads of flavor to the dressing, while the cauliflower, egg, celery and radish combine to create an interesting crunch and tender texture that is amazing!
How To Make Cauliflower Potato Salad
This keto potato salad is just as simple as making a classic potato salad recipe, and so much healthier! (pesky carbs…)
- Cook: Hard boil eggs and boil cauliflower till tender, but firm. Cool completely.
- Prep: Mix dressing ingredients together and set aside. Chop remaining ingredients.
- Mix: Once cauliflower and eggs are cooled completely, combine with all the ingredients. Mix well.
- Cool: Cover your salad for at least two hours in the fridge to allow the flavors to blend.
Tips For Success!
- Don't overcook! Do not over boil the cauliflower or it will become mushy.
- Roast! Instead of boiling the cauliflower, why not try roasting it for delicious flavor and perfect texture! Roasted radishes would be wonderful in this recipe as well!
- Cool completely! Be sure the eggs and cauliflower are cooled completely before adding the dressing. You can place it in the freezer for a bit if you are in a rush.
- Easy Additions! Use your imagination! Add bacon, cheese or avocado. Kick the dressing up a notch by adding a bit of chili powder, dijon mustard or sriracha sauce!
- Storage: This salad will last covered for about 5 days in the refrigerator. It's perfect to make ahead of time if you are hosting a party or potluck. Or just keep it prepped and ready in the fridge for a last minute side dish or keto friendly snack!
Other Side Dish Recipes!
- Radish Salad - another mock potato salad!
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole - easy and delicious!
- Low Carb Coleslaw - a classic side dish!
- Roasted Keto Asparagus - perfect for busy nights!
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts - so simple to make!
Cauliflower Potato Salad
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- ⅓ cup dill pickles chopped
- ½ cup radishes sliced
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil cauliflower until tender crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain very well and allow to cool in a strainer.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.