When you need a guaranteed go-to seasoning mix to dress up everything from meat to fish to veggies, this garlic and herb seasoning is the clear winner!
Mix up this delicious homemade blend and sprinkle it on so many favorite dishes! It has never been easier to add a little spice to life with this Easy Garlic Herb Seasoning. It tastes great on everything from salad to steak!
Best Seasoning Mix!
- Loaded with savory flavor, garlic herb seasoning is so good because it goes with everything! Double or triple up the batch, and freeze some so it’s always on hand.
- Simple ingredients and ready in minutes, you’ll want to double up the batch using ingredients that are probably already in the pantry. Make a salt-free version for a low sodium version!
- Use as a rub for chicken or for beef on the grill, or swirl a dash or two into some sour cream for a quick dip!
What Is in Garlic and Herb Seasoning?
BASICS: Seven simple ingredients like ground spices and crushed herbs can be adjusted depending on your needs. The basic recipe includes garlic, parsley, oregano, paprika, plus optional salt & pepper.
VARIATIONS: Use this base mix and add lemon pepper for roasted vegetables or fish, or add cayenne pepper as a rub for steaks, or mustard powder for pork chops. Anything goes!
How To Make Garlic and Herb Seasoning
Having a seasoning like this, ready to go, is a quick way to add flavor to so many dishes.
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl (as per recipe below).
- Tansfer to a shaker jar with a tight-fitting lid.
How To Use Garlic Herb Seasoning
Garlic seasoning can be used as a dip in this dill veggie dip, or for garlic butter chicken bites, for fish like this oven-baked mahi mahi, or for salads like a grilled vegetable salad. It’s even great mixed into coleslaw or added to steak, chicken, or salmon, with a drizzle of olive oil. Try it sprinkled on grilled fish tacos, or just use it as a condiment on the table. It’s truly an all-purpose seasoning mix.
Seasoning Storage Solutions
Keep this seasoning mix in a cool place for up to 6 months. Freeze in zippered bags for up to 6 months. Scoop out what you need, and let it come to room temperature before adding it to a shaker jar.
Best Homemade Seasoning Blends
- Italian Seasoning Recipe – classic all-purpose mix
- Chicken Seasoning– ideal for poultry
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning – perfect for Mexican dishes!
- Low Carb Blackening Seasoning – spicy favorite
- Southwest Seasoning – add to meat, fish, or veggies, or eggs
- Keto Taco Seasoning Recipe – spices up multiple recipes!
Easy Garlic Herb Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add to a shaker jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Sprinkle over chicken, fish, or vegetables.
- Keep easy garlic herb seasoning in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- Freeze in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Allow it to come to room temperature before use.