Who says low carb can’t be filling? Or tasty? This homemade Beef Radish Soup recipe has all the makings of a healthy, hearty beef stew without the carb-laden veggies like potatoes and carrots!
I love hearty and filling soups like chicken zucchini soup and this beef and radish soup. They make the perfect lunch or dinner on cool fall days and the best part is they are both low carb!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Low Carb Beef Soup With Radishes
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What Is Beef Radish Soup?
This beef and radish soup removes the carrots and potatoes in exchange for low-carb, nutrient-packed radishes, onions, celery, and cauliflower all cooked with some stewing beef in a savory broth. It’s the perfect cold-weather entrée, especially after a long day of work or school!
How To Make Beef Radish Soup
Radishes in beef stew might sound a little unconventional, but it’s really a great way to enjoy a flavorful meal without the carbs, allowing you to keep that waistline trim!
- Saute the beef pieces in small batches (see recipe below).
- Add onions & garlic and cook until they are tender and fragrant.
- Add the broth and seasonings, scraping up the flavorful bits that stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for about 45 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until veggies are tender.
This delicious soup is nothing short of amazing. Sample and adjust the seasonings according to your preference and enjoy!
What To Serve It With
In keeping with the low-carb theme:
- a crispy salad would be a perfect complement to this beef and radish soup.
- steamed veggies like zucchini, squash, or broccoli with cheese sauce make excellent sides, too!
- add a fun appetizer like crisp zucchini fries, bacon wrapped cabbage, or even a simple fresh veggie tray with low carb dill dip for something completely different.
Can You Freeze The Leftovers?
Almost all soups can be frozen, but in this case, the radishes might be a little soggy. If you are going to reheat beef and radish soup, think about tossing in a few fresh radishes and some cauliflower rice to give it a little more bulk. Adjust the seasonings again with salt and pepper or some extra garlic and thyme!
Other Delicious Low Carb Lunch Ideas!
- BLT Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps – fresh and so easy!
- Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche – perfect any time of day
- Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust – add your favorite pizza toppings!
- Denver Omelet – a classic
- Radish Salad (Mock Potato Salad) – a low carb twist on a favorite
Low Carb Beef Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb stewing beef trimmed
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups beef broth reduced sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 bunches radishes halved if large
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice larger grains
- Add 1 tablespoon oil in the bottom of a large soup pot.
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in the bottom of a large stock pot.
- Brown beef in small batches. Remove and set aside. Add extra oil if needed and add onion and garlic, cook until onion is slightly tender. Add beef broth scraping up any bits in the bottom of the pan. Add beef, thyme and bayleaf.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in radishes, celery and cauliflower rice. Simmer an additional 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.