Who would have thought a low carb zucchini lasagna could have all the melty, cheesy goodness of a traditional lasagna without all those carbs? Layers of zucchini noodles, cottage cheese, and meat sauce create this hearty low carb meal.
With fall upon us, this no noodle lasagna casserole will be a hit with everyone in the family…even the pickiest of eaters! Serve it alongside a keto caesar salad for the perfect dinner!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How to Make Zucchini Lasagna Noodles
The key to this healthy lasagna dish is perfectly sliced zucchini and lots of delicious parmesan and ricotta cheese. The more cheese the better if you ask me! And making zucchini noodles or zoodles a great way to use up that end of the summer bounty of garden zucchinis you’ve been wondering what to do with!
Instead of traditional flour lasagna pasta sheets, slice zucchini horizontally with a mandolin or sharp knife. A potato peeler will make the slices too thin.
- Slice each zucchini about ¼” thick.
- The zucchini noodles should cook for 10-15 minutes in the oven to soften before you use them.
Carefully remove the strips from the oven and lay them on a paper towel to soak up any water left in them before you layer the zucchini lasagna. Once you learn how to slice zucchini for lasagna you may never go back!
How To Make Zucchini Lasagna
If you’re wondering how to make a zucchini lasagna, just remember sometimes keeping it low key is best. With just a few simple ingredients, this delicious casserole is perfect for any day of the week! Add a cucumber side salad and a glass of vino and you’ve got a healthy weeknight option and leftovers for work the next day!
- Put a small amount of sauce on the bottom of a greased 9”x 13” casserole dish.
- Spread each strip with the spinach/parm/ricotta filling from one end to the other. Add a little sauce.
- Keep layering and then top the final layer with a little sauce, some sprinkled parmesan and maybe even some sliced black olives for color!
This is an easy keto lasagna that delivers an Italian hearty flavor that is low carbs!
Just like with homemade zoodles, zucchini lasagna can easily be reheated and doesn’t need a lot of fuss! Cut like a regular lasagna, and put in a and watch it disappear!
For weekend prepping, freeze a batch of this zucchini lasagna recipe and just defrost it in the fridge until it is time to bake it! In no time, a healthy and delicious meal is ready to go!
More Delicious Lasagna Recipes
- Lasagna Stuffed Mushrooms - perfect entree or appetizer
- Low Carb Creamy Tomato Casserole - ready in under an hour!
- Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups - perfect individual portions
- Eggplant Lasagna - layers of cheesy goodness!
- Low Carb Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce - perfect comfort food!
- 1 zucchini cut into slices 1/4" thick
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion medium
- 2 cups pasta sauce divided
- 7 ounces diced tomatoes drained
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- ½ cup cooked spinach chopped, drained
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Cook zucchini in a 400˚F oven for 10-15 minutes to soften.
- Fry the ground beef, sausage, and onion till brown. Add 1 cup pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Heat through.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the beaten eggs with the cottage cheese. Add the spinach and parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- Pour ½ cup pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan. First layer the zucchini, meat sauce, layer of zucchini, cottage cheese mixture, zucchini, final layer of meat sauce and a final layer of zucchini. Top with remaining ½ cup pasta sauce.
- Bake uncovered in a 350˚F oven for 1 hour. Cover with mozzarella cheese and continue to bake until cheese is brown and bubbly.