Eating low carb and missing bread? We have the best Basic Chaffle Recipe anywhere!
Light and fluffy and absolutely delish, chaffles are the low carb, keto solution to sandwich bread! Make chaffles whenever you want a burger bun, a sandwich or even use it as breakfast toast! Almond flour replaces the regular flour to keep it low carb yet still fluffy, but coconut flour can be used as well.
Basic Chaffle Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What are Chaffles?
Chaffles are waffles that are made with cheese and eggs and so that’s why they’re called chaffles. They can be made sweet or savory and they are the answer to all your low carb bread dreams!
How To Make A Chaffle?
This recipe is so easy, it’s just 1-2— and done!
- Whisk all ingredients together until they form a smooth batter.
- Pour into heated waffle iron and cook according to recipe at the bottom of this post.
Pizza Chaffle: Serve these up fun mini pizzas for a low carb treat on movie night and let everyone build their own!
- Add dried oregano and garlic powder to the basic chaffle recipe.
- Once it’s cooked, top with pizza sauce, pepperoni, and extra mozzarella cheese.
- Place pizza chaffles under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Now you can satisfy your sweet tooth and still manage those carbs!
- Add low carb sweetener (try Swerve), a teaspoon of vanilla, and a teaspoon of maple syrup to the basic chaffle recipe.
- Cook chaffles in waffle iron, and top with butter, low carb syrup (we like Lakanta), whipped cream, and fresh blueberries.
Chocolate Chaffles: Dessert gone delish! Chocolate chaffles come out light and fluffy and elegant, especially when they’re dressed up with low carb whipped cream and berries!
- Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and a low carb sweetener to the basic chaffle recipe.
- Cook chaffles as directed and serve with whipped cream and sugar free chocolate syrup or melted dark chocolate.
Tips and Tricks to Chaffle Perfection
- Make enough chaffles to last the week and store them in the refrigerator between sheets of parchment paper.
- Put them in the toaster to reheat them and serve.
- Chaffles can be frozen for the perfect make ahead breakfast or lunch! Use it as a base for breakfast pizza or try it with buffalo chicken salad for a delicious lunch!
Other Easy Egg Based Recipes To Try!
- Keto Deviled Eggs – the perfect snack.
- Bacon Egg Muffins (Keto) – easy breakfast.
- Spinach Cheese Egg Bake – perfect for weekend brunch.
- Sausage Egg Casserole – delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Keto Egg Salad (Low Carb) – serve it on a chaffle!
Basic Chaffle Recipe
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Whisk egg and add mozzarella cheese and almond flour. Mix well.
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturers' directions.
- Pour chaffle mixture into the waffle iron and cook 3-4 minutes.