Every low carb kitchen needs this excellent and easy recipe for Cloud Bread!
We love this keto cloud bread! It’s made with simple ingredients like eggs, cream cheese, a little baking powder, and a pop of parmesan cheese. Season it any way you like and use it plain or even toasted. Enjoy low-carb open-faced or regular sandwiches with this light and fluffy cloud bread.
Easy Cloud Bread Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What is Cloud Bread?
- Cloud bread is reminiscent of a rice cake without the carbs!
- Not actually bread at all, cloud bread is a whipped and baked combination of eggs, cream cheese, and some baking powder to help it rise.
- Just a few ingredients are all it takes to make light and airy cloud bread that tastes delicious and is still sturdy enough to hold all kinds of fillers!
Recipe Ingredients for Cloud Bread
SEASONINGS: A pinch of parmesan cheese gives cloud bread a bit of flavor, but any seasoning blend will do! Try one of these taco or southwest seasoning recipes for something a bit different.
How to Make Cloud Bread
- Mix cream cheese and incorporate egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with baking powder until stiff peaks form. PRO TIP: A pinch of cream of tartar will speed up the process!
- Gently fold in egg whites with parmesan and egg mixture. Do not over mix.
- Scoop cloud bread batter onto a baking sheet and bake until the tops are golden brown. Cool completely.
Cloud bread can be used just like ordinary bread! Make a time and money-saving version of fancy Avocado Toast by spreading homemade avocado dip over a slice of cloud bread with a sprinkle of bagel seasoning. Or pile on some simple egg salad, egg salad with ham, buffalo chicken salad, or this spicy CrockPot salsa chicken in between two pieces of cloud bread for a filling and delicious low carb sandwich. Serve as a side with some savory beef stew. The possibilities are endless!
Can You Freeze Cloud Bread?
Keep cloud bread slices at room temperature in a zippered bag or freeze for up to a month. Cloud bread thaws very quickly and is ready to use in minutes! It can enjoyed cold or quickly reheated in the oven or toaster. Watch it closely so it does not burn.
Keto Cloud Bread Tips
- Use large eggs in this recipe for cloud bread in order to acheive the right texture.
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature for easier blending.
- Double-check the expiration date on the baking powder to make sure it is still fresh to use. When in doubt, throw it out and buy fresh.
- Be sure to beat the eggs to very stiff peaks to get the perfect consistency for cloud bread. The whites should adhere to the beaters when removed from the bowl.
- If cloud bread seems unbaked, bake it a little more. The inside should be dry like meringue. Cloud bread will fall apart if it isn’t fully baked.
- Be sure cloud bread slices are completely cooled before storing or using.
Recipes For Cloud Bread!
- BLT Chicken Salad – so hearty and flavorful.
- Fajita Grilled Turkey Burgers – use cloud bread for the bun.
- Keto Egg Salad – an easy and delish filling.
- BLT Egg Salad Wrap – replace lettuce with cloud bread.
Easy Cloud Bread Recipe
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese softened
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix cream cheese with a hand blender until smooth. Mix in egg yolks until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites, baking powder, and salt until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites mixture and parmesan cheese gently into the egg yolk mixture, making sure to not over mix it.
- Scoop onto the prepared baking sheet in 3-4 inch circles.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Large eggs are recommended for this recipe. Be sure to beat egg whites until very stiff peaks form for best results.
- Bring cream cheese come to room temperature, or microwave for 20 seconds for easier blending.
- Make sure baking powder is still fresh, or cloud bread may not rise properly.
- Bake cloud bread well. Cloud bread will fall apart if it isn’t fully baked.
- Store cooled cloud bread slices in a sealed container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
- Freeze cloud bread in a sealed container for up to a month.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Easy Cloud Bread Recipe!