One of the best one pot, low-carb chili recipes is this keto white chicken chili.
Ready in less than 30 minutes, this creamy white chili is so good made with seasoned chicken, bell peppers, and a spicy dash of green chiles. No one will even miss the beans! Savory and delicious, it’s sure to become a recipe favorite in any keto kitchen.
Delish Chili Recipe!
- Cold weather season is here and low-carb lovers can enjoy this healthy and flavorful white chicken chili for lunch or dinner! Serve with extra cheese on top or a dollop of sour cream.
- Ready-made ingredients like chicken broth and a can of green chiles make this dish a real timesaver, especially during busy weeknights! Toss in leftover veggies from the fridge, too!
- Perfect for batch cooking, this recipe will save for when everyone’s over for the big game, especially since white chicken chili tastes even better the next day! Serve it warm from a Crockpot with toppings.
What’s In White Chicken Chili?
CHICKEN: Ground chicken, turkey, Italian sausage, even sliced summer sausage are all meats that can be used in chili – it’s also a great recipe to use up leftover meats.
SOUP: The key to this rich and creamy dish is cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. For a thinner chili, use Greek yogurt and half and half.
SEASONINGS: This recipe only needs a few seasonings like garlic, cumin, and chili powder, but why not try this homemade southwestern seasoning that can be used for white chicken chili. Extra seasoning tastes great on taco lettuce wraps, grilled fish tacos, or stir into a dill veggie dip to spice things up.
EXTRAS: Chili is a great recipe for all kinds of extras that will make it new every time! Keeping it keto, choose veggies like diced zucchini, shredded brussels sprouts, finely chopped spinach or kale, sliced black olives, sliced jalapenos, and shredded cheese like cheddar, mozzarella, a Mexican blend, or crumbled cotija.
How to Make White Chicken Chili
- Cook ground chicken and onion in butter. Add seasonings and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in bell pepper and jalapeno and cook until softened (as per the recipe below).
- Add cream cheese and cook until it’s melted and creamy.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream, and add broth and green chiles. Bring chili to a boil, then simmer until thickened.
- Serve hot.
Best Ways to Serve Chili
Tips & Tricks
- Use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken to save time.
- A bag of low-carb frozen vegetables can be added to the chili in Step 4 (no need to thaw).
- Keep leftover keto white chicken chili in a covered container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to 8 weeks, however, dairy-based soups and chilis will need an extra cup or two of fresh cream to get that velvety texture again.
Keto White Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 4 ounce chopped green chilies canned with juices
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter, ground chicken, and onion. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender. Add spices and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in bell peppers and jalapeno. Cook until slightly softened.
- Add the cream cheese to the skillet and cook until melted and creamy. Stir in heavy cream a bit at a time until smooth.
- Add broth and green chilies. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.