Low Carb Chili is a keto version of everyone’s favorite comfort food. Tender ground beef, vegetables, and onions are simmered in a rich tomato base. This easy stovetop no bean chili is great for dinner or lunch and the leftovers freeze well!
Low Carb Chili
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
This meat chili recipe is easy, affordable, packed with nutrition, and keto friendly. You don’t have to be following a keto diet or a low carb lifestyle to enjoy this dish, everyone in the family will love it!
- Use any ground protein you’d like.
- Low carb chili can be cooked in the slow cooker or Instant Pot as well.
How To Make Low Carb Chili
This stovetop method is super simple!
- Brown beef, onion, and garlic in a large pan or pot.
- Add peppers, zucchini, and chili powder. Cook till tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened.
The addition of tomato paste adds a zesty richness. We love chili powder but add in extra spices like cumin or smoked paprika if you’d like.
How to Thicken Chili
In a regular chili recipe, the beans do help to thicken along with adding a lot of healthy fiber but, beans are no bueno here. So, in this no-bean chili recipe simmering uncovered is the secret to a great thick chili!
The longer you simmer, the more the flavors will intensify and the thicker the chili will be!
Shredded zucchini does add extra texture but you can also add cauliflower rice (or mashed cauliflower) or other vegetables to your liking.
Toppings for Low Carb Chili
This low carb chili recipe is anything but boring. In fact, as long as it fits in a keto way of eating, all kinds of chili ingredients can get tossed right in the pot or used as toppings!
Cheese – Experiment with a variety of cheeses to suit your taste! Sharp, medium or mild cheddar is popular, but mozzarella, Monterey or pepper jack cheeses are all delicious too.
Veggies – Keep that chili tasty and colorful by topping it with green onions, jalapenos, pepperoncini, black olives, tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.
Extras – Guacamole or mashed avocado, salsa, sour cream, bacon bits, shredded or diced chicken and ground sausage would all be delicious toppers for your chili!
Serve toppings in small bowls alongside your big, wonderful-smelling pot of keto chili, and let everyone create their own masterpiece! If you have non-keto guests or family members, include tortilla chips and beans to the mix!
Great Tips & Ideas!
- Because this keto chili is bean-free, the meat is the real star! Make sure to purchase quality lean ground beef. For extra flavor, brown that beef with the spices and a little leftover bacon grease!
- Don’t limit yourself to just ground beef for this meat chili recipe! Clear out the fridge and use leftover chicken, bacon or sausage, because this keto chili is all about easy and tasty!
- Get creative when serving your chili! Use bell peppers as bowls or serve on a bed of seasoned slaw.
- Don’t forget to make an extra batch for the freezer! Ladle into freezer bags and reheat for a quick family dinner or freeze in smaller portions to take to work or school!
More Low Carb Family Meals
- Crock Pot Mississippi Roast
- Low Carb Pesto Chicken
- Easy Cajun Shrimp Recipe
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- Oven Roasted Pork Loin
- Keto Sloppy Joes
Low Carb Chili
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green pepper diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 small zucchini shredded
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in a large saucepan until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Stir in green peppers, zucchini, and chili powder. Cook until pepper begins to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.