This easy Keto Minestrone Soup tastes even better without the pasta!
Who says minestrone soup has to have macaroni and beans? This quick and easy minestrone soup recipe is loaded with healthy, filling low-carb seasoned ground beef and keto veggies like celery, zucchini, cauliflower, spinach, and carrots, no one will miss the carbs! Why not make it for lunch or even dinner tonight?
Keto Minestrone Soup
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SOUPS & STEWS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Healthy Minestrone Soup
- What’s not to love about a hot and hearty minestrone soup? Chock full of nutritious vegetables that are high in fiber and antioxidants, this soup is healthy choice. And with a meaty protein simmered a savory soup base, this keto minestrone is one of the best soups that will keep you on your keto journey.
- Make this delicious homemade minestrone soup and enjoy it for filling, energizing meals all week long!
- Save time and add a bag of keto-friendly, frozen vegetables straight into the pot. Keep keto minestrone soup warm in the slow cooker or Instant Pot and let everyone help themselves.
What’s In Minestrone Soup?
MEAT: Ground beef is a low-carb lover’s fave protein! Other keto protein options are chicken, sausage, steak, ham, or a lighter fish such as cod or haddock.
VEGGIES: This soup is all about the heart-healthy vegetables that keep keto lovers full and satisfied. In addition to the zucchini, cauliflower, carrots, and spinach, there’s room in the pot for other low-carb faves like peas, kale, green beans, peppers, and mushrooms. Make a new version of keto minestrone every time.
BASE: Low sodium chicken broth, a can of diced tomatoes (juice included), and some seasonings give keto minestrone soup its savory flavor. Use vegetable broth for a vegetarian version. And give a low-carb seasoning blend like this Southwest Seasoning, or this Keto Taco Seasoning, a try to add a spicy flavor to the soup.
GARNISH: Delicious with a shake or two of parmesan cheese or feta crumbles, a dollop of sour cream, or a few sliced black olives or jalapenos!
How Do You Make Minestrone Soup?
This quick and easy soup is so healthy, and it’s not hard to make:
- Cook ground beef in onion and garlic. Drain the fat.
- Add ground beef and remaining ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook (as per the recipe below).
- Remove bay leaves and serve.
How To Make A Really Good Soup
- Be sure to fully drain the cooked brown beef to keep the soup from becoming heavy and greasy.
- If using fresh vegetables, cut them all to a similar size so they cook at the same rate.
Keto minestrone soup tastes even better the next day once all the flavors have had a chance to blend! Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and reheat on the stovetop, adding a little salt and pepper (or a dash of hot sauce.) Freeze portions in zip-top or Stasher bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 4 months.
Other Delish Soup Recipes!
- Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup – 10 minute prep!
- Low Carb Cabbage Soup – delicious flavors.
- Creamy Sausage Spinach Soup – wonderfully creamy.
- Italian Sausage Soup – ready in just 30 minutes.
- Ham Bone Soup – super easy
Keto Minestrone Soup
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 zucchini sliced into ¼" half moons
- 3 cups cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 carrot sliced, optional
- 2 cups fresh spinach or kale, chopped
- ½ cup lupini beans optional
- fresh parsley or basil, for serving
- parmesan cheese for serving
- Heat oil in a large pot. Brown beef, onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot except spinach (add kale if using).
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and let cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaves, stir in spinach and cook 2 minutes more.
- Garnish with shredded paremsan cheese and fresh basil or parsley if desired.
- Nutrition does not include optional beans or garnish.
- Drain the grease from cooked brown beef before adding to soup.
- Cut fresh vegetables to uniform sizes so they cook at the same rate.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days.
- Reheat soup on the stovetop, and add seasoning to taste.
- Freeze soup in airtight containers with the date labeled on the outside for up to 4 months.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.